Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • any BT openreach engineers on here?
  • bruneep

I'm having a mare with my broadband connection, to be fair to zen they are doing as much as they can with BT but it seems that I require a daily visit to rule out equipment faults on my side.

Numerous tests have shown that it is at the exchange that is at fault and not me.

So WTF does all this mean?

There are a large amount of errors, which could be caused by a faulty port on the line card, or faulty D&E side cabling, all of which is BT's responsibility. Please bare with us while BT study the current line data and decide on the next best course of action.

Upstream
    Loop Loss: 35
    SNR Margin: 6
    Errored Seconds: 0
    HEC Errors: 0
    Cell Count: 26871
    Speed: 847

Downstream
    Loop Loss: 58.3
    SNR Margin: 20.8
    Errored Seconds: 7
    HEC Errors: N/A
    Cell Count: 62540
    Speed: 568

BIP Interface Data
    Current Line Rate: 350
    Line Rate Change TimeStamp: 14/09/2010 10:03:06
    Maximum Stable Rate Recalculated: Y
    Profile TimeStamp: 12/09/2010 15:01:57
    MSR: 576
    FTR: 576
    Interleaving Flag: A

14-Sep-2010: 4
    13-Sep-2010: 13
    12-Sep-2010: 5
    11-Sep-2010: 9
    10-Sep-2010: 15
    09-Sep-2010: 13
    08-Sep-2010: 9

WBC 288K – 576K No delay (INP 0) 6dB Downstream, UC No delay (INP 0) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)

Downstream is erroring every 2 seconds. Something very wrong and engineer is definately needed here.

SFI 2 reset line card after SF1 one replaced NTE5 and ID'd a fault at the exchange.

anyone?

beaker

I'm no ADSL engineer (satellite Communications is my career) but it looks like they've run bi-directional loops which are erroring only one way.
    They've narrowed down the fault and it's not your kit so all you can do is sit back and wait. Keep on at them and they'll get you sorted. That said it did take them 10 months to get us connected…..

ourmaninthenorth

Openreach – sodding useless, and make all ISPs look bad at provisioning.

The sooner they get made fully independent of BT, the better. We'll soon see if they can keep up with the likes of Qube, etc.

project
    Free Member

The one i watched today trying to do a 3 point turn, he took about 23 to do it, in a transit,nearly demolished a fence and a steel post, then puled out in front of a car.

Obviously driving is another thing they dont do well, and dont get me started on the £4.50 to pay my bill in CASH.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

My dad works for them, I'll ask him later if he calms down (he's come home from work every day for the last 2 weeks in a huff because he wants to leave!)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘any BT openreach engineers on here?’ is closed to new replies.