Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anthem X4……….. a question
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

I've got a Nicolai Helius CC and a Cove Handjob in t'shed at the moment, bt I seem to have a hankering for an Anthem – they look soo right.

If I get one will I end up not riding my Helius or will it becme more of a trail-center/anything that resembles a mountain kind of bike.

I'm kinda thinking of a replacement for the Handjob and I'm kinda tempted my XC races too as I seem to have come on leaps and bounds in terms of fitness and climbing ability over the last few months (must be the roadie thing).

Is it a good idea to get one? Or should I try and find a frame and sling the bits off the HJ on it, (Reba Races, LX gears & brakes, Raceface cranks & finishing kit)?

Or are those Iron Horse bootlegs off of CRC a good buy, I was looking at this one -> Bootleg 3.0

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

those bootlegs look like a frickin bargain.

vrapan
    Free Member

I know a guy who loves his Azure Iron Horse, he also bought it for a great price.

I built up an Anthem from a frame, admittedly not many bikes under my belt and not the best of riders, but I love it just love it! Light efficient and lets me go places where I was too scared on my previous bikes.

rkk01
    Free Member

Excellent bike – I'd recommend a test ride to anyone.

For me my Anthem X3 directly replaced a Reign, which was more travel (and weight) than I wanted. I sold the Reign before getting the Anthem, but I'm now riding my XC race hardtail very rarely as well 🙁

househusband

Bought an '09 Trance X3 a few weeks ago and have chopped, changed and sold a few bits – main difference being 140 rather than 120mm forks on it now. Am most impressed with the Maestro suspension, having never before had an FS with a VPP type system.

Algore
    Free Member

Anthem would make nice swap from Handjob. If budget permits.. Buy X4 swap all best bits from Cove onto Anthem and then sell the hardtail as complete bike. They are just great fun bikes. Rode a Anthem 2 for a year and have never smiled so much, also flipping fast.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Bought an Anthem X3 last year and swapped all the bits out, putting 100-130mm Revs on it, wide bars, 719 / Pro II wheels and it's a really good 27lb or thereabouts trail bike. It seems to work really well in that guise – short stem too – and for me, suits just about everything I need it to do. My favourite full susser by far.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anthem X4……….. a question’ is closed to new replies.