Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anthem X2 2009 fork upgrade
  • Goldigger
    Free Member

Has anyone upgraded the fox F100 RL forks on an Anthem?
    I’m not that keen on the fox fork and keep looking at changing it for a rockshox, especially with all the deals available at the moment.
    Would like a 15mm ADSL if possible..

dallas95
    Free Member

I have. I swapped my fork to a 120mm reba with 15mm through axle. I was thinking of trading the bike for one with more travel but after putting the longer fork on the front the bike is now exactly what I was after.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Does adding more travel not upset the bikes geometry? I thought that I’d be best sticking with the 100mm?

rainbow
    Free Member

Giant Anthem is def suited 100mm travel forks, go more will strain the frame headset to possible cracks.

dallas95
    Free Member

Not really. The suspension is active most of the time so the geometry is constantly changing. I removed some spacers from below the stem and it’s hard to tell. I just found I was hitting the limit on the 100mm forks but the back was OK.

LoCo
    Free Member

Several members of the the LocoBm Racing team have used anthems for the season all have been running forks (Fox and Sids) at 120mm prefering the way the bike rides being more stable and capable on steep more technical terrain.
    My current Anthem build has 120’s on as well.

dallas95
    Free Member

it’s the future ….. 😀

rainbow
    Free Member

If you want to run 120mm travel, get a Giant Trance.

Anthem is best run on 100mm travel.

thepodge
    Free Member

yeah but then if you get a trance you’d want to upgrade to 150 forks.

anthems are fine with longer forks

rainbow
    Free Member

@thepodge, If you want even more travel like 150mm, then get Giant Reign.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Back to the original question, has anybody upgraded there fox forks and what to..argument of travel aside

Goldigger
    Free Member

I’m thinking of SID RLT

thepodge
    Free Member

I’m not sure why rainbow is so against longer forks but you’ll be fine.

a mate of mine has just upped his forks to 115 before even fitting them to his new anthem and I have 150s on my trance.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Are the revolutions better than the sids or just more travel? so many forks in the rock shox line up its confusing..

Merlin have some great deals on 2012 sids , copied from my email..
    • SID RLT – RRP £599.95 – SID20 Price Only £320

• SID RLT Ti – RRP £649.95 – SID20 Price Only £344

• SID RCT3 – RRP £629.95 – SID20 Price Only £344

On One have SID RLT for £299 but i they are 2011
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FORSSIDRLT/rockshox_sid_rlt_disc_100mm_fork

Is the SID an upgrade over the FOX F100 RL’s?

Grim
    Free Member

I have a Fox 100RL tapered steerer 15mm bolt through on my current Anthem and I had a Rockshox Reba Race on my previous Anthem. To be honest I have not really noticed any difference between them. I have to say I do not feel the need for anything more than 100mm of travel as the bike is just so dialled in as it stands.

Grim

pete68
    Free Member

I’m sure i’ve seen somewhere that the Anthems come with 120 forks in some other countries (Australia?) anyway, so they’ll be fine .

Goldigger
    Free Member

Surely the ideal fork would be a reba RLT 2012 it has the option of a 15mm maxle, plus it has u turn so i can change from 120mm down to 100mm when ever suits?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anthem X2 2009 fork upgrade’ is closed to new replies.