Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Another spider thread
  • roper
    Free Member

For the last couple of nights I have been trying to pair up two C.darlingi tarantulas for some lovin.
    Last night I introduced the male, he spent half an hour drinking the females water, from her bowl (that’s not a euphemism ), went back for 2nds and then hid in the corner. I put is down to first time nerves so put him back in his container.
    I thought I would try again tonight. So with lights low and scented candles burning I put him back into her container. She was in her burrow.
    He is supposed to drum near her burrow with his legs, to let her know there is a male available and he wants some, rather than a dinner has arrived.
    unfortunately he ran straight into her burrow

and came running out again followed by her trying to eat him.

Not being put off by this he tried to mate with her any way.
    Quickly followed by another eating attempt by her

This went on a few times before he realised she was not in the mood so he sulked away.

With her safely away I tried to collect him to put him back to his container and he tried to bite me.

Then he got vert angry as I put him back home

I will introduce them again on Wednesday, hopefully third time lucky and he will get it right this time. So watch this space for exciting spider news. 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

*squeals*

It’s a Spider Shagging Thread. 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

I have the strangest boner right now…..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I just did a little sick in my throat 😐 You dirty flecker Jimmers. 🙂

Hadge
    Free Member

Stunner Pete, I see he’s got a nice pair of fangs too. Didn’t you fancy getting tagged by them hehe. My female seems to small to me but I’ll see if I can feed her up a bit and get her into condition.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

She’s a prik tease. No wonder he was peeved.

kaesae
    Free Member

So basically you chuck him into an environment with a mental female, that is trying to eat him.

Maybe he’s not horny enough or have you considered that for a spider she might be a munter.

Maybe her eyes are squint and her fangs are dodgy, hahahaha.

How much time have you spent breeding those amazing little creatures, and what happens if she munches him ❓

Will you be able to save him or will she kill him too quickly, how risky is it ❓

This is an unusual thread and I for one am very interested too see what happens.

😀

Hadge
    Free Member

When a male matures his life then is coming to an end and males die off in a short period of time – dependant upon species that is. His function then in life is too breed after which he will die but he can breed a number of times but he will weaken and so make him vulnerable if he comes upon a hungry female. Sometimes they do get munched but that’s nature, she may need eat him to gain more strength to help her breed but it’s a chance males have taken since the dawn of time.

You can use a divider or plastic ruler to try seperate them but spiders are very very quick and sometimes you cannot stop an attack. Sometimes the male will just do a runner and then you’ve got to try catch him so there can be some comedy moments when breeding them.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Look guys, you don’t have to tell us about the “quick” stuff, ok? 🙂

Hadge
    Free Member

Have a look at this video of a tarantula nicknamed “OBT” – Orange Bitey Thing. See how quick it goes. That’s why they come in pots stating this when you buy them

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jesus Christ 😯

racefaceec90

you only have to worry when they are this size 😉 always handy to have an axe for occasions like this 🙂 seriously though those tarantulas are fantastic (never thought i’d say that 😯 🙂

roper
    Free Member

LOL at Jamie, I was naked when I took the photos. Maybe that’s too much information?

kaesae, Hadge has answered all of your questions I think. I do have a plastic divide in case it looks like she will eat him. Unfortunately they are quite quick, as you can see from the video above. C.darlingis are not as good at climbing as OBTs so they are a little easier to deal with, though they can jump a little and do have a fast biting strike and can sometimes be a little unpredictable.

Paul, they are quite a small species, this photo might give you a rough idea.

My female is a little bigger but mainly in body size.
    I think the problems he has had so far are just first time nerves 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Brilliant as ever, thanks Roper.

Jamie
    Free Member

LOL at Jamie, I was naked when I took the photos. Maybe that’s too much information?

No, no. That’s just fine…..keep talking….

MrNutt
    Free Member

curiouser and curiouser cried Alex

Hadge
    Free Member

Pete, Id say my girl is a little smaller than the male in that tub. I’ll give her a good supply of crickets and see how she goes. I’ve got some large blacks at the moment and the chirping they’re doing is bloody doing my head in!!!! Grrrr

Hadge
    Free Member

Here she is munching on a cricket

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Eww, Eww, Eww!!! 😯

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Another spider thread’ is closed to new replies.