Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • And….start the panic buying.
  • binners
    DrP

Now, my tank really is empty, but I might leave it a week or two so as not to appear paniky…….

DrP

willard

Meh.

I remember last time there was a shortage. The M1 was a bit more empty of traffic, but that was all.

Plus ca change.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Is there an internet shortage or something, the link wont load!

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Thanks for the reminder,
    Best rush out an join the queue, make sure I get my £10 worth or whatever the ration is this time….

Minor hic cup with plan …

Tank is almost full after payday fill up last week ….
    Anyone got a can they can lend me 😉

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Solution:

Minimum charge of £40 at the pumps. This would stop **** from driving to queue for an hour with their engines running to put another £10 worth of fuel in to keep their tanks full.

Even if they do this, still charge them £40.

hjghg5
    Free Member

My car only takes about £35 even when the petrol light comes on! (although the way prices are rising that may not be the case for much longer…)

TheFlyingOx

Minimum charge of £40 sounds OK, but let’s hope they don’t enforce a maximum. £125 to fill up last time 😥

Dibbs
    Free Member

Minimum charge of £40 at the pumps.

My Smart won’t take £40 yet, I’ll have to wait for the price to go up some more. 😕

mboy
    Free Member

Ah the smugness of having an LPG fuelled car, and a Calor Gas centre where it’s less than half the price of unleaded just round the corner from me! 😀

falkirk-mark

Better fill the cars up and then cycle everywhere so I can drive about in a month.

headfirst
    Free Member

Filled up on the way home as I was nearly empty. Over £90!! Blimey!

jam-bo

Just filled up as I would normally. I’d say the garage was quieter than usual..

druidh
    Free Member

Just filled up in prep for a spin to the Gorms tomorrow. No signs of panic…..

bikebouy
    Free Member

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Not News.

Cougar

Minimum charge of £40 at the pumps

The motorcyclists will love that.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I’m looking forward too riding past the enormous queues again. 😀

boltonjon

mboy – Member
    Ah the smugness of having an LPG fuelled car, and a Calor Gas centre where it’s less than half the price of unleaded just round the corner from me!

Its great ain’t it!!!

wors

uselesshippy – Member
    I’m looking forward too riding past the enormous queues again.

POSTED 5 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Me too 😀

project
    Free Member

16 cars getting fuel or waiting at 6 pumps today, and then every petrol station i went past large queues, all within a 15 mile radius of Stanlow, one of the bigest refineries in the uk.

and why does every old person need to fill their tank to the top, with the speed of an snail crossing a quiet road, then slowly wander into the shop and pay.

Surely a tenner would do, and you have a FREE bus pass as well.

john_drummer
    Free Member

costs me £65ish at today’s prices. lasts a week. I did notice one forecourt with more than the usual number of cars queueing, but they weren’t out onto the road yet.

if push comes to shove, and we do run out, I’ll just have to work from home. shame.

Crell
    Free Member

Very busy at my local station tonight. Begin the flashbacks to 2000.

Woody
    Free Member

Minimum charge of £40 at the pumps

The motorcyclists will love that. Quite!

£30 lasts me about 2 weeks in the car and the bike takes about £20 if it’s on reserve. If it comes down to it I would still get fuel as apparently I’m an ‘essential worker’ so see no reason why I should needlessly have a full tank and use even more fuel 😉

maccruiskeen

No signs of panic…..

thats because you’re at the wrong end of britain to witness such things druidh – those sorts of selfish hysterics are a bit [whispers] southy [/whispers]

joao3v16
    Free Member

If people didn’t “panic buy” there wouldn’t be such a shortage … just another item on my ‘things that show how stupid people really are’ list 😉

hora
    Free Member

Phew I’m ok. My C1 takes £42 to fill 😀

Its always ‘safety’ mentioned in their strike plans. Is this an attempt to ‘not’ alienate the public to their members?

samuri
    Free Member

I was pleased to see the usual idiotic statements across the front of the big papers this morning. PANIC PANIC PANIC!

I for one will be very annoyed if this means queues in the shower room at work as *too many* people decide to cycle into work.

joao3v16
    Free Member

thats because you’re at the wrong end of britain to witness such things druidh – those sorts of selfish hysterics are a bit [whispers] southy [/whispers]

I expect the south will just fritter away their petrol, same as they’ve already done with their water.

Careless. Very careless. And selfish.

😈

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Why can’t they strike this week while the sun is out FFS

enduro-aid
    Free Member

last time this happened up in Scotland was when Grangemouth folks went out on strike. I had a john cooper works minin cooper s at the time.

filled it up on the thursday and went for a seriously long blast all weekend as the roads were dead was great fun!!

anyway you are on a bike forum so logically you cycle so whats the problem??

jam-bo

quiet at every petrol station I passed this morning.

wrecker
    Free Member

No panicking here in the south west. Plenty of water too.
    Mind you, if there was reported to be a cider shortage, it would be ****** anarchy.

CaptJon
    Free Member

imagine the outrage if tanker drivers were public sector workers…

Drac

Why are people panic buying now there’s no strike date yet is there?

Stoner
    Free Member

bloody queuing at Morrisons this morning. Doesnt help that idiotpanic coincides with their 6p off /litre deal on at the moment. I went in, running on vapours, for the weekly shop, and there’s even some ‘tard filling jerry cans.

twinklydave

Is it the easter weekend they’re thinking of striking? If so I’ll be joining the panic driven* mob in order to get enough fuel to get me & caravan up to Newcastleton for the UK12/24.

I may even be a ‘tard with a jerry can 🙂

*Pun very much intended

binners

Any news on when the fat blokes are due to wobble their bellies slowly down the motorways and A roads of our fair country yet?

*adapts smuggest look*

Doesn’t bother me. In this weather, I’m riding in every day 😀

project
    Free Member

A41 this morning from the birkenhead unnel, both fuel stations queuing onto the road,10 minutes wait, then the pump lady said they where running out of fuel due to panic buying.more panic buying as peeps rang their mates to tell them

Morrisons and shell last night almost anarchy,as the peeps queued to get fuel.

project
    Free Member

Just how hard can it be to couple up a pipe from a tanker to a tank, and twiddle a wheel gravity does the rest.

Suitable for NON SMOKER.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘And….start the panic buying.’ is closed to new replies.