• This topic has 87 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • and you're back in the room….
  • iDave
    Free Member

bloody stink – the end of a personal month of hell, involving IT issues, escalated stalker activity, accidentally deleting years of work plus the backups, loss of internet, sudden ending of a long term relationship, injury before and during a half ironman and some of these combining to royally **** up my ability to run my business. I appear to have got all info together, back to the grindstone. unreal. almost lost the plot completely.

geoffj

Lets hope you’ve come through the other side – the only way is up and all that.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You only had to have asked and I’d have given you a back rub with DD’s hands.

IanMunro
    Free Member

😯
    Hope things improve!
    I’m crap at saying things useful in these situations, so hopefully someone else will be along who is.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m crap at saying things useful in these situations, so hopefully someone else will be along who is.

You do realise where this is, don’t you? 😉

Best of luck, Dave, hope it all works out well for you!

crikey
    Free Member

All sounds very crappy. Is there anything I or the collective folk on STW can do to help out?

seavers
    Free Member

WOW….

But it’s got to get better from there right?! seriously though, I hope it does. Sometimes everything just goes wrong at once and all you can do is address one thing at a time and hope for the best.

donsimon
    Free Member

Onwards and upwards old bean…

scaredypants

You only had to have asked and I’d have given you a back rub with DD’s hands.

Oh my god !! TSY has taken DD’s hands

Mind, I’m surprised DD hasn’t been on here to complain
    – oh

(well done idave for getting it sorted)

iDave
    Free Member

I can’t really crack up, but I did actually want to be able to sit in a corner and wail. Onwards and upwards. I may have lost some business, hopefully can salvage some but I’m not seriously ill. I did learn how easy things can disintegrate though. Cascading chain of events and loss of control is pretty grim.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Look to the future not the past …..
    If there is anything I can do I’d gladly help …after all the help you’ve given me and other idieters it’s the least I can do

molgrips
    Free Member

You do seem to be having a lot of trouble lately. All I can say is.. well.. umm.. commiserations.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

mrsYeti has offerred to make you a chocolate cheesecake?

donsimon
    Free Member

I did learn how easy things can disintegrate though.

They do say it’s character building though.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

You want to try that diet they’re all on about. Might cheer you up.

johnners
    Free Member

mrsYeti has offerred to make you a chocolate cheesecake?

You should definitely choose this over inane platitudes from a bunch of strangers on the internet.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ffsdfhbvcfghccfghbcgh hygfgfgghvvvv gdrgccfgfggggggghdsse

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

On the plus side though – all those iDiet related threads you have missed…..

Oh, and while the past month really doesn’t sound like it has been much fun you may well be more surprised about what it has taught you about yourself and what you may need to be aware of for the future.

Hope things continue to come back together for you though.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    Ffsdfhbvcfghccfghbcgh hygfgfgghvvvv gdrgccfgfggggggghdsse

POSTED 1 MINUTE AGO # REPORT-POST

+1

singletrackmind

Stay Calm
    Keep Focussed
    You cannot change what has already happened
    Dont go down the ‘If Only’ road. You didnt . See above
    Set achievable goals
    Stay sober
    Do not be afraid to ask for help
    Endorphins are your friends
    It is often better economy to buy better quality (eg CK v RF)

Take a deep breath and crack on.

HTH

bigyinn
    Free Member

And remember the is always time and room for beer and cake!

(You’re not “call me Dave” ARE YOU??!)

Junkyard
    Free Member

do you want my hands fro tpyong tsy? 😉
    Hope it all picks up idave

munkyboy
    Free Member

Just finish the other half ironman, a full ironman could cope with any s**tstorm

Seriously though, everything tends to sort itself out, it’s the not knowing when its going to get better that keeps you awake at night…

cynic-al
    Free Member

So is this all an excuse for a poor 70.3 result?

😉 x a bit.

iDave
    Free Member

I got inside my target time, 15th in age group, so, no. But I’m sure I ‘could’ have gone much faster. Will do another one in August.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Good effort.

Anyway, about that diet….

iDave
    Free Member

To be honest it was a shit effort. I hated it all. That’s why I need to do another one.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Time to sit down, relax and eat a nice big bowl of muesli.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Which one iDave?

First open water swim survived today. Back for another on Thursday. **** me it’s even less fun than a pool.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I need to get back in the sea.

Edukator
    Free Member

I’ve observed (and experienced) that the more patient and careful athletes are when coming back from injury, the longer they stay injury free and the better their results in the long run. Also look long and hard at the cause of the injury so you don’t do the same again; factors to look at:

length and intensity of sessions – do long or intense but not both in the same session, this can be a problem when racing. 😉

training when hungry or fatigued – don’t

training when ill – don’t, even if it’s only a cold

diet/carences – no need to elaborate here. 😉

accidents/risk associated with types of training

avoid too many bricks. Triathletes love doing bricks but how many injure themselves doing too many bike-run bricks? I was surprised when a respected sports doctor from one on France’s top sports medical centres told me to stop bricks – he was right, for me at least.

poids de forme ou poids de santé. Being to heavy or too light increases injury risk, most athletes have a healthy weight at which they are robust but go faster when a little lighter – until they injure themselves.

rest and recovery – just as important as training, triathletes tend only to rest when forced to by work, injury or illness, and love punishing themselves. Find time to relax, go for a stroll rather than a run sometimes.

Raindog
    Free Member

Sounds terrible, and not dissimilar to my own personal situation. Does this go some way to explaining why I have heard nothing from you in 7 1/2 weeks of a ten week training program ?

Patrick

oddjob
    Free Member

I think you will find that all of the problems can be traced back to a lack of consumption of simple carbs in your diet other than during and immediately after training.

I have also read in Nature that there is evidence to link insufficient dairy consumption with IT issues.

Solo
    Free Member

Dave.

Crikey !.
    That sounds absolutely awful.
    It hasn’t begun to rain where you are, has it ?.

Anyway, I hope you’re turning the corner and I’m sure you’re not short of help.
    If you need it.

It will get betterer.
    😉

iDave
    Free Member

Raindog, yes, no record of many clients programs and contact info/emails. Please email me (and anyone else who thought I’d been kidnapped)

mogrim

Anyone who inflicts a beer- and cake-free diet on the world deserves all they get.

😀

Solo
    Free Member

Anyone who inflicts a beer- and cake-free diet on the world deserves all they get.

I’m not sure that appropriate or amusing.
    The guy has been through the grinder.

What till you have those problems.
    Then lets see how funny you’re feeling.
    🙄

ourmaninthenorth

Ouch.

Still, there’s always STW. Where would any sane person be without STW? Oh.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Good luck dave – hope things get back on track asap.

TH

mogrim

I’m not sure that appropriate or amusing.
    The guy has been through the grinder.

Oh ffs. It was a joke. I thought the “beer and cake” bit would be enough for most sane people to work out that it wasn’t a serious comment. I even put a smiley at the end (like this one -> 😀 ) just in case it wasn’t clear.

Dave, if you’re offended I apologise, it certainly wasn’t my intent. Solo, did you ask him if he was offended before getting offended yourself on his behalf?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘and you're back in the room….’ is closed to new replies.