• This topic has 50 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • And Britain just keeps getting greater…………
  • yunki
    Free Member

I stand by what I said.

then I for one think that you are being a complete wally in this instance.. what exactly about barnsleymitchs post makes you equate diversity with multi-culturalism..?

Race Card FAIL

Drac

Exactly Yunki the guy just claimed the UK is diverse and trail monkey jumps on the race band wagon.

trailmonkey

See how it can be twisted.

No, not really.

You see, I grew up in a multi cultural society and to me it's just normal, it's no more one of the things that make England great than the fact that we drive on the left. The things that multi culturalism brings can enrich us all but to list it as the first thing that makes England great just sounds incredibly false. Just trying too hard.

what exactly about barnsleymitchs post makes you equate diversity with multi-culturalism..?

OK, I accept that diversity means more than multi ethnicity but that is the element of it that I am addressing

Race Card FAIL

Well that's just the problem isn't it. Questioning this point of view must make me a racist even though the way I'm looking at it, I'm attacking a racist point of view.

The race card Fail is strong in you.

TheDoog
    Free Member

Questioning this point of view must make me a racist even though the way I'm looking at it, I'm attacking a racist point of view.

Why does "diversity" soley make you think of race?? Diverse could apply to those who morris dance, those who chase cheese down a hill etc etc, seems you just took it as a race thing.

Drac

I grew up in multi culture too. My Dads side came from a minning town and my mothers farming two very diverse up bringings and nothing to do with race. Your not being racist of course not are being a bit judgemental.

trailmonkey

Why does "diversity" soley make you think of race?? Diverse could apply to those who morris dance, those who chase cheese down a hill etc etc, seems you just took it as a race thing.

Yes, I've agreed on this point, diversity means more than race, I've just given examples of it.

I stand by what I said, claiming diversity as a whole just sounds patronising and not entirely genuine.

Drac

Ah well that's your choice of view. Don't see it my self

yunki
    Free Member

Well that's just the problem isn't it. Questioning this point of view must make me a racist even though the way I'm looking at it, I'm attacking a racist point of view.

I think you might be completely effing mental sunbeam!! 😆

I just wondered why you started ranting about multi-culturalism for no apparent reason… I didn't make any assumption about whether you approved or disapproved of it..

sanity FAIL..
    I'm off to dry the dishes or some such thing

ciao

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

"I don't have a problem with diversity, in fact I positively welcome it but to place it first in a list of things that enriches your life just sounds quite false at best and downright patronising at worst – Yeah I love brown people, I think they're great."
    trailmonkey, pardon me if I'm being a bit too up front here, but are you on glue? I would be the first to admit my many faults and aspects of my personality that irritate people, but I'm sorry, I'm not a racist, nor am I false or patronising. Admittedly, you would have to meet me in order to realise that, but seeing as you have just accused me of racism, I would prefer for that not to happen.

trailmonkey

bm -I've seen your posts on here and you seem pretty left of centre and as such, I wouldn't expect that you are a racist in fact, I think I got dragged into making that remark after being accused myself, in which case accept my apologies.

That aside, I stand by what I thought originally, I just don't buy the whole 'isn't diversity great' thing, it's just hollow and if anything accentuates division. Anyone who is toatlly accepting of 'everything' shouldn't need to see the differences.

Drac

Yup he's on something.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘And Britain just keeps getting greater…………’ is closed to new replies.