Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Am I too strict?
  • emsz
    Free Member

Taking something that’s not yours without asking is wrong I’m amazed anyone would disagree.

No one is really disagreeing with that, and I’ll bet your son already knew that, now he also knows that his dads got a temper. 😕

mrhoppy

I’m shocked everyone has missed it but if you’re wife has said you were over the top then you were over the top, because the wife is always right.

But you were wrong anyway.

cheers_drive

I remember being given £1 by my mum to buy some Fairy liquid. I could spend the change on sweets – about 8p. Fairy liquid like Sellotape, and Hoover, was just a generic term to me so I enterprisingly I bought Happy Shopper washing up liquid for much less and got more sweets. I think my parents appreciated my entrepreneurship and just pointed that difference in quality. They weren’t so happy when they found out that I’d given my brother – who I was supposed to share the sweets with – only 4p worth and I’d kept all the savings 😈

rogermoore

chambord – Member
    This has reminded me of the time I ate most of the carrots from my dads veg patch and he went insane and chased me half way across Shropshire.

Ahhhhh memories.Unless you are an actual rabbit, I’m not sure I believe this one…
    😀
    RM.
    p.s. Now I really wanna watch Watership Down.

avdave2

Taking something that’s not yours without asking is wrong I’m amazed anyone would disagree. But fair enough I am just old fashioned and too strict.

No not at all, what you are is an overbearing bully who can’t deal proportionately with a childs actions. I know this because I’ve been exactly the same myself in the past with my kids . I applaud your values but sometimes you do need to look at your actions from a distance, I’m pretty ashamed about how I’ve behaved in the past, time to sit down with him, apologise for how you dealt with it and then explain calmly why he was wrong.
    If that doesn’t work force him to eat tube after tube of pringles till he throws up. 🙂

joolsburger
    Free Member

Well that’s me told! An overbearing bully eh, and you get that from the phrase “went a bit bonkers”? As for plan B the boy has an appetite like Bruce Bogtrotter so I’m not sure that would work.

leffeboy

oh oh, watch out – he’s going to blow

hides behind sofa with pringles…

wanmankylung
    Free Member

As others have said – in that position eat the pringles. Maybe offer him one then as he goes to take it eat it too.

jkomo

The fact you ask the question indicates you think you have.
    IMO if that’s all you worry about with your kids, they are probably angels. Mind you, you’ve just taught him a valuable lesson, not to tell you anything.

chambord
    Free Member

Unless you are an actual rabbit, I’m not sure I believe this one…

It really is true. We (My cousin and I) washed them in the rain water barrel and scoffed the lot. Cousin got away with it. I was in big trouble.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Sounds like OP over reacted unless there is wider implications we don’t know about such has his son has history of bad behaviour.

weeksy

joolsburger – Member

Well that’s me told! An overbearing bully eh, and you get that from the phrase “went a bit bonkers”? As for plan B the boy has an appetite like Bruce Bogtrotter so I’m not sure that would work

You asked the question…

iamroughrider
    Free Member

maybe he’s worked out his hourly rate / worth already and is charging you his business collection rate.Maybe he just needs to run this by you / agree before commencing his work next time 😉

Maybe if you were also his mate he would have done it for free as a favour or paid for your goods himself.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Am I too strict?’ is closed to new replies.