Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Am I irresponsible?
  • hora
    Free Member

Gary_M thats your choice. I’d say all that mileage isn’t going to do your longterm/riding longevity good. Do you listen to your body? I.e. if you have a cold etc do you skip the days cycling commute or do you ‘man up’?

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’d say all that mileage isn’t going to do your longterm/riding longevity good.

Why?

Do you listen to your body? I.e. if you have a cold etc do you skip the days cycling commute or do you ‘man up’?

I don’t get colds etc, whatever ‘etc’ might be. Try riding your bike lots sometime, if you haven’t tried it then give it a go.

druidh
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Gary_M thats your choice. I’d say all that mileage isn’t going to do your longterm/riding longevity good. Do you listen to your body? I.e. if you have a cold etc do you skip the days cycling commute or do you ‘man up’?

Cobblers alert!

poly
    Free Member

ourmaninthenorth – Member
    And leave a turd on the desk of your colleague.

its probably better for his kids that he keeps his job, but I might be tempted to anonymously leave a copy of this on her desk:

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Cycling extends your life expectancy. even if you ride on the roads. without a helmet.

Driving reduces it.

hora
    Free Member

Cycling extends your life expectancy. even if you ride on the roads. without a helmet.

Within reason not compulsive obsessive behaviour in all weathers.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I don’t get colds etc, whatever ‘etc’ might be. Try riding your bike lots sometime, if you haven’t tried it then give it a go.

Have a prize, hard man.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Thanks. I am hard as ****.

Within reason not compulsive obsessive behaviour in all weathers.

You’re being an idiot now hora. Does riding in the winter in the UK shorten your life expectancy then, is that what you’re saying?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Thanks. I am hard as ****.

And a roadie! 😆 😆 😆

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Is hora saying he only rides at weekends, and only then if the weather’s nice?

Gary_M
    Free Member

I would consider myself a cyclist rather than being pigeon holed into a specific genre.

Is hora saying he only rides at weekends, and only then if the weather’s nice?

And only early morning/late evening when its quiet. Apparently ‘its not worth it’ to ride a bike at other times.

hora
    Free Member

An idiot? Why did I call you a name? Am I missing something.

Your 44 and saying 200miles commuting a week with 200miles at the weekend is normal? I’d class it as OTT. I’d say commute 2/3days a week on the best days (or when you feel good) then give yourself a break on Mon and Fridays (before and after your leisure riding weekend).

Does that make me an idiot?

GrahamS

Your 44 and saying 200miles commuting a week with 200miles at the weekend is normal?

hora I suspect you missed the part where the OP said: “I’ve been trying to communte in from home to work, maybe a couple of times a week.”

So yes, you’re an idiot 😀

Gary_M
    Free Member

Your 44 and saying 200miles commuting a week with 200miles at the weekend is normal?

Mmmm stalker alert. Where did I say I ride 200 miles every week and 200 at the weekend?

Yes you do seem to be missing something.

Does that make me an idiot?

No, but suggesting riding 200 miles a week is bad for you, suggesting riding in ‘all weathers’ will shorten your life expectancy and suggesting it would be best to only ride on the road when its quiet does.

hora
    Free Member

Ah I missed that bit 🙄

Peyote
    Free Member

I do my long commute 50+ miles once or twice a week, probably another couple of days my commute is around 19 miles, then usually one day a week only 9 miles. Not excessive, and I enjoy it, plus it’s cheaper than owning a car and/or catching the train. No birching involved and provides the benefits already highlighted.

Can’t think of a reason to stop doing what I’m doing to be honest!

Gary_M
    Free Member

so you missed that bit and made this bit up ‘Your 44 and saying 200miles commuting a week with 200miles at the weekend is normal?’

hora
    Free Member

Yes I made that bit up it seems. Pretty harsh and unforgiving in your environment isn’t it.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Why don’t you just stop talking shite on this thread.

hora
    Free Member

Or an angry middle aged man will beat me up?

Gary_M
    Free Member

😆 makes a change from the school bully picking on you I suppose.

hora
    Free Member

My point is, yes I was wrong one those points- and admitted it. My intentions were good but its abit harsh to call someone and idiot and ‘shite’ in the grandscheme. I stand by my general comments though that I think your (non cycling) colleague has a point. Nowt wrong with keeping fit but we share the roads with monkeys and car keys.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Hora:

“I stand by my general comments though that I think your (non cycling) colleague has a point.”

Gary M wasn’t the OP; I was. You seem a little mixed up 🙂

Anyway: Gary M, its not the best of roads, and speeds could be better on it, thats for sure.

hora
    Free Member

*his/long weekend riding in the sun :mrgreen:

GrahamS

Nowt wrong with keeping fit but we share the roads with monkeys and car keys.

So, given the point that per km cycling is about as dangerous as walking, do you avoid walking near roads too?

Cougar

Wow, this thread got tedious fast. Good work.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Am I irresponsible?’ is closed to new replies.