Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Alpine Winter Series 2012 – a few changes!
  • Spunkmonkey
    Free Member

2012 Alpine Winter Series

Innerleithen MTB Racing is delighted to announce the Alpine Winter Series of events as follows:

Weekend 28th/29th January Alpine Winter Series Race 1 Multi-Stage XC Enduro
    Weekend 18th/19th February Alpine Winter Series Race 2 Multi-Stage Day/Night Enduro
    Weekend 3rd/4th March Alpine Winter Series Race 3 Traditional Downhill Race

All events will be held within Traquair Forest, Innerleithen.

Spunkmonkey
    Free Member

For the first time, Innerleithen MTB Racing and Alpine Bikes are working together to bring you the 2012 Alpine Winter Series. There are some changes to the series including more multi-stage style races in recognition of feedback from riders. The Series consists of three races over three months with prizes in various categories for individual races as well as the overall series. A special prize will be awarded to the rider with the best overall series performance that uses the same bike for all three races.

The first Alpine Winter Series race in January is a Multi-Stage XC Enduro comprised of a number of special stages on the Sunday, with practice allowed on the Saturday afternoon. This is a relaxed event where riders ride between special timed stages with their mates, swapping stories of the stage just completed and those yet to come. Special stages are mainly downhill XC routes, with some climbing included. January in Innerleithen could give us anything from glorious sunshine to drifting snow, so good tyre choice will be essential.

February sees race two in the Alpine Winter Series – a Multi-Stage Day/Night Enduro. A similar relaxed atmosphere to Race One is expected, but this time the special stages will be raced at night, as well as by day.

The final race in the Alpine Winter Series is a traditional DH event with uplift service. Practice and qualifying on the Saturday will be followed by further practice and race runs on Sunday. This prize giving will include the award of the overall Winter Series Champion.

Further information and details on how to enter can be found on the Innerleithen MTB Racing website at: http://www.innerleithenmtbracing.com

Spunkmonkey
    Free Member

The Day/Night Enduro held last Saturday was a sell out and a fantastic event 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

Ah balls, that means I need to enter an actual downhill race. And now I’ve got a downhill bike I don’t even have my convenient excuse. ****ing Innerleithen MTB Racing…

😉

Hopefully will be there for all 3, bloomin fantastic events.

Do you know, when it talks of “downhill XC routes”, will these be along the lines of the previous enduro events? ie, proper riding not red XC trails?

Spunkmonkey
    Free Member

We’ve only got proper trails at Inners Northwind 😆

Expect very similar riding to previous Enduro events we’ve organised.

Northwind

Good man, ta!

Spunkmonkey
    Free Member

Did you make the event at the weekend?

Teaser video here: Day/Night Enduro Teaser

Diane
    Free Member

Hey SM is there a ‘proper’ video to follow the ‘teaser’?

Northwind

Spunkmonkey – Member

Did you make the event at the weekend?

Aye, loved it. Was slightly s****ing it to be fair :mrgreen: Ended up down in the 70s somewhere but tbh, I’d rather be last at one of these than top ten in most races.

Spunkmonkey
    Free Member

Diane – it’s a “work in progress”. Half the footage is in Edinburgh and the other half in Innerleithen 🙄

It’s not the placing that counts NW, it’s the grin factor at the end 😀

rugbydick

That race on Saturday was absolutely mental. Combine that with doing the stages again in the dark and you add a smattering of lunacy.

I’d recommend it to anyone. :mrgreen:

I’m in.

rugbydick

@Spunkmonkey I can’t see any details on your website. How do I enter this madness?

hels
    Free Member

Entries will be up and running v soon, keep an eye on http://www.innerleithenmtbracing.com and the Facebook thingy.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Alpine Winter Series 2012 – a few changes!’ is closed to new replies.