Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Alpine elements in Les Gets or Morzine. Any good?
  • treefeller
    Free Member

Anybody been with this lot? Also which town do you prefer?
    Any other suggestion? Went to Morzine last year, but Les Gets seems cheaper.Thanks.

Kuco

Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

treefeller
    Free Member

Why???

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

How much is a trip with them/how many for/whats included?

Hopefully can help on this..

Kuco

What they offer and promise and what they deliver is two totally different things. I stop with them for a month in their long term chalet which was a shit hole.

treefeller
    Free Member

Went with Flow mtb last year, which was great.But trying to save money and wouldn't mind going the Tour de france week.(Flow are booked that week)

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Look at Jollygood. Or Endlessride? Is it just for one person?

nasher
    Free Member

There has been many posts about their MTB and winter ski hols! unfortunately not positive.

But like anything you get what you pay for, and their prices just seem too cheap so things have to give.

But if you are on a really tight budget and dont really care what the accom and food is like then I gues it will be fine.

When I was a lot younger and skint then these sort of places I could put up with as long as I had good biking and skiing, now Im older Accomm and Food is as high on the priority list and alas much more expensive.

Kuco

But why do they advertise and say things then deliver a totally different product? Even struggled to get the damage deposit out of them, had to threaten to go to their London office in person to collect it. The only decent grub we got was when the two Kiwi chalet workers were their.

Try Jollygood hell of a lot better and would never hesitate to use them. To be honest it's the only reason we went to alpine elements is because we left it to late to get into Jollygood.

neil853
    Free Member

i went with them last year and had no problems at all? food was total s**t but aprt from that it was fine. I booked early last year and me and my 4 mates got it for £200 for a week fully catered, now you can't beat that really?

having said that i'm not going with them this year as we're hiring a chalet ourselves. costing more but we're going with the other halves so they are more bothered about the place we're staying. for a group of mates going away, having a beer and riding your bike, i'd recomend them.

treefeller
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming.

steveh

I used to work for them in morzine and wouldn't touch them with the "filthiest" stick in the very "filthy" stick box.

Jolly good are the best people in morzine imho unless you need lots of guiding then endless ride get a good rep.

gordonb
    Free Member

me and my buddy went with them on 07, and 08.. stayed in the chamois hotel in les gets… it was a bit scruffy, but that meant you didn't worry about walking around the hotel in your dirty bike kit, you didn't look under the beds, but why would you.. and the staff were as pissed as you were the next morning… oh, and if you got on well with them, you could get yourself on the "staff beers" tab…. half price, with the odd shot thrown in… it just reminded me of being a student again!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Alpine elements in Les Gets or Morzine. Any good?’ is closed to new replies.