Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Alien Prequel [Warning – Potential Spoilers]
  • WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

So then, this is what will be in the film apparently…

– An alien ant farm. The alien species was originally 3 inches long & used
    for terraforming.
    – The space jockeys communicate via telepathy.
    – Lots of gay sex [seriously]
    – Gemma Arterton [apparently]
    – Zoe Saldana [ditto]
    – It is set 85 years before ‘Alien’.

Just thought I’d share with any one interested…

hels
    Free Member

Hmm I am sure I read a Joe Haldeman book with that plot.

billybob
    Free Member

For a movie aiming for a PG-13 certificate

Is surely the biggest spoiler as it suggests the movie will be complete & utter bobbins.

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

I realize that re-booting/re-imagining/call it what you will, yields greater profits than a creative approach to Sci-Fi.

However, there are so many classic Sci-Fi novels that could do with being filmed.

If they want to start a long running franchise, they could do worse than the Culture novels by Iain M Banks! 😀

As long as it isn’t bolloxed up… 👿

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

If it comes through as a 12 or 12A then it means I can introduce MFL Jr to the story before sitting him down in front of the scary stuff. Handy.

slowjo
    Free Member

I am really ambivalent about the idea of doing the culture novels. I have got it all worked out in my mind, how they look, talk etc (e.g. Horza in Consider Phlebas) and I’d hate it all to be messed up by someone else’s interpretation which will have to be influenced by whatever is feasible from a special effects pov. The films would probably be too short as well. How can you do justice to the depth of idea/background in a series of maybe two hour films?

Having said that, it would be awesome to see inside the GSVs (I think that’s what they were). The scale of culture ships is huge and a sort of mega version of that would be phenomenal.

Yeah, they’d probably bollox it all up.

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

slowjo

😀 😀

Waiting for it to come out in paperback…

slowjo
    Free Member

OOH! 🙂

Kahurangi

Hell no, keep the Culture books as Novels. They require too much thinking to make good big-bidget movies and too much in the way of special effects and expense for a good movie.

Back on topic…

Hell no, Alien and Aliens need no prequel. Shame they never made any sequels, eh? They could have been quite good.

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Aliens keeps being rated as better than Alien.

Don’t understand this. It was the beginning of a slow but definite decline.

It’s a very good film, but imho Alien was the better movie.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Also a big Banks fan feeling ambivalence, I’m also a bit LOTR fan – and they made decent movies out of them. OK they’re not ‘the book in movie form’, but they did a decent job distilling some movies out of it, at least with the first 2, IMO.

P F Hamilton’s Night’s Dawn Triology – that’d make an excellent series of movies. As would his Commonwealth Saga.

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

David Weber’s Out Of The Dark would be great.

Again, waiting for the paper back

mikey74
    Free Member

Sounds a different style movie to the one described here:
    Ridley Scott linky

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Alien Prequel [Warning – Potential Spoilers]’ is closed to new replies.