Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Alfine 8 Spd
  • SidewaysTim

Avoid that wheel like the plague. It’s a daft complete Shimano one with not enough spokes, the ones it does have break far to easily, far too often and they’re £5 each to relpace.

It’s cheap for a reason.

myheadsashed

Ta for the heads up.

DT78
    Free Member

Link is closing my Android browser. Grrrrr. Says its a 28″ wheel??

vorsprung
    Free Member

I just bought one and put it on the commuter bike. It is only 24h and doesn’t look like it will last long. It says in the blurb that it should not be used off road.

It’s factory built and I will be tightening all the spokes up to a proper tension at the weekend. I would have done it last night but sadly ICBA. I got the wheel because I’m having trouble with the old alfine wheel I have on it at the moment.

The size of the wheel is 700c (normal road bike size) The rim width is 23.5mm so it only works with tyres larger than 28mm wide.

The hub gear box is externally a different design to a SG 501. There doesn’t seem to be an obvious way to disassemble it to remove the insides and oil dip them.

On the plus side it is cheap as chips, £120 from rose bikes posted and including a twist shifter with cable, sprocket, join kit, vertical drop out no-turn washers. The wheel has rim tape on it too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Alfine 8 Spd’ is closed to new replies.