Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Alfa Romeo Spider….
  • stratobiker
    Free Member

Never wanted one before, so how come I do now?

Not a new one mind, nope an old one from the 80s.

Any thoughts?

SB

roper
    Free Member

miss-read the thread title 🙁

starsh78
    Free Member

what year are you looking at strato?

jools182
    Free Member

get one

I had a 105 bertone coupe for a few years

best fun ever

starsh78
    Free Member

http://www.alfaspiderfaq.org/dev_his.htm#Series_3

if you are after an 80’s model here is a buyer guide…as recommend from the folk @ http://www.alfaowner.com

cynic-al
    Free Member

80s are rubber bumper no? More affordable I suppose.

Have you owned and old car before, let alone an old Italian convertible one?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I once nearly bought one and every time I see one I still wish I had done it.

Maybe in another life.

uwe-r
    Free Member

Midlife crisis?

Is this possibly the most unrelaible car you could think of.

However

I like the look and no doubt lots of fun if it works.

starsh78
    Free Member

I’ve had 6 Alfa’s now, cost me no more to run than the horrible fiesta I have now 🙁

Skippy

How’s the dog?

stratobiker
    Free Member

Mid life crisis…. could be, but I think I’m past mid life.

@starsh78 – a 1988, thanks for the info’ I shall study it well.

@skippy – The dog is great. Only he bit Mrs Stratobiker and she ended up on antibiotics, and had to have tetanus jabs. The “experts” told us we should have him put down! But we didn’t want to do that, and nobody else wanted him, so he’s still here. The wonderful Mrs Stratobiker decided to give him a second chance. We think he bit her out of fear – cos he was in strange surroundings, it was dark, etc. Plus if it had been an agressive attack it would have been much worse. Anyways, it’s one month tomorrow that he’s been with us, and apart from that moment of madness he’s been brilliant. He’s a big softie. He’s beginning to feel like part of the family now. We loves him! 😉 Thanks for asking btw.

Skippy

I’m glad to hear he is OK, it does sound like a fear bite and I think dogs especially German Shepherds can be quite sensitive to their surroundings. I hope Mrs SB is now OK. I have two of my own and I always think it is nice to hear about people adopting dogs especailly older ones as they don’t always get that chance for a new home.

Sorry for hijacking your car thread! 🙂

Raindog
    Free Member

I’m aware that I risk the wrath of Stratobiker when I say I’d trust an Alfa further than a German Shepherd (you may remember I expressed concern on an earlier thread )I hope the “fear bite” is the last problem you have with either, but either could give you a nasty shock imo.

stratobiker
    Free Member

@Raindog – lol!!! thanks V much. I hope so too. 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Alfa Romeo Spider….’ is closed to new replies.