• This topic has 17 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by flip.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Advice, skateboard and being old?
  • s
    Free Member

I have to carry a skateboard back form work, yes, its not for me, my daughter wants one!

Should I try riding it back home or just carry it?

Which looks the least silly?

lockrobnkel
    Free Member

it’s illegal as a father not to ride it 😆

emsz
    Free Member

I think you have to ride it really.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    theflatboy
    Free Member

defo ride it. then get another one to “take home for your daughter” every day. 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

[killjoy alert]

Riding it will so mark the wheels – she needs to break it in herself..!

But, once she’s ridden it, you need to demand a go in the street with her watching on. The shame will soon see it handed over to you full time….

s
    Free Member

its a blue one if that makes a difference?

s
    Free Member

butcher

Put it in a bag. A non-skater can be spotted from 500 yards, even when they are carrying it.

If the non-skater is actually an ex-skater, get on it. Then get yourself one.

meehaja
    Free Member

I carried a long board home by bike once with it tucked under my arm. This was actually really hard work.

DezB
    Free Member

Ride it, but make sure your trousers don’t go over your arse.

s
    Free Member

DezB – Member

Ride it, but make sure your trousers don’t go over your arse.

LOL, like your thinking DezB 😉

speaker2animals

AS it looks brand new I think it would be out of order to scuff up the wheels for your daughter. Wait your turn.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Sell it and get her a bike?

phiiiiil

I keep thinking that in certain circumstances a skateboard would be a most practical form of transport. Yesterday I walked a mile to the station, then walked half a mile at the other end to a pub, then did the same in reverse later. Walking is slow and boring; a normal bike is too big to take inside, would get nicked outside and needs lights and whatnot; a folding bike is expensive… yet a skateboard would be quicker than walking while also being small enough to not be a bother when not in use.

Is there a certain age at which this method becomes socially unacceptable?

Haze

Ride it, it needs testing before you hand it over so make sure you pop a few ollies along the way.

Just don’t flat spot the wheels…

peterfile
    Free Member

Whenever I see someone over the age of 30 on a skateboard anywhere other than a skatepark, I frantically look around to make sure my kids are safe, then realise I don’t have any kids. The emotion is still real though.

butcher

Never!

flip
    Free Member

Ride it, when i pick my son up from school i ride his MGP scooter then he rides it back 8)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Advice, skateboard and being old?’ is closed to new replies.