Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Advice please, Thule G5 909
  • gravelrash

Hi there, I'm thinking of buying a Thule G5 909 and a 9081 4th bike carrier. We have a couple of Orange 5's and a couple of kids mountain bikes. Due to the non conventional shape of the bikes I'm a bit concerned the supporting arms which clamp onto the bikes won't reach/work well. Has anybody had any problems holding their bikes? Also the 4th bike carrier which I think fits onto the top of the lighting board looks very close to the 3rd bike, I presume the 4th bike doesn't end up too close?

Thanks in advance

Ash

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

The clamping arms are very versatile, can be removed and placed any where on the support bar. Also means you can route them through the frame etc.

Clamp my Trance no worries, which has odd tube shapes.

Excellent rack, not sure about the 4th bike adaptor though never used one.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Used to have a Thule clip on high which has the same sort of frame attachments. It was ok for our full suss bikes but with anymore than 2 bikes I think it would be awkward clamping all 3. Especially as on our frames they wouldn't clamp to the top tube due to the shape.

It was one of the reasons we went for the much cheaper Thule Ride on, shape of the top tube not so critical with these carriers.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Advice please, Thule G5 909’ is closed to new replies.