Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • comment PREVIEW added to forum
  • tomdebruin
    Free Member

At the bottom of the post box. Any issues?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

it works! And very useful 🙂

mogrim

Works on IE8.

About time too 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Thank you – was just thinking earlier today about requesting this again to remind you. Unfortunately it appears not to work when editing a post 🙁

Whilst we've got a "forum tech" sticky though, can I just comment on the profile page format – not impressed by the change which has resulted in "most recent reply" not being in a fixed position. More to the point, it would still be really nice if the first link went straight to the last post the profile owner made on the thread rather than the start of the thread (or even better gave links to all of the posts the profile owner made on the thread).

Just another quick comment on formatting as well – if you put a quote inline with normal paragraph formatting then there is more space included after the quote than before e.g.

Works on IE8.

I find myself doing non-logical things with the paragraph spacing (not using a return after a quote, but continuing my text straight on, and adding an extra return before the quote)

Works on IE8.

In order to get better spacing like this.

tomdebruin
    Free Member

Unfortunately it appears not to work when editing a post

mmm, this appears to be down to commas and the like being converted to HTML entities. So I've taken the preview function out of edit post for the moment so I can take a closer look (but you shouldn't have to edit a post now anyway 🙂 ).

jimmy

can we have a button somewhere down there to return to forum main page too? pretty please? (or am I missing an easier way to do this than scroll back to the top or using 'back' which doesn't refresh the list?)

fanks

tomdebruin
    Free Member

you are missing something. It's been there for 6 months.

aracer
    Free Member

Just found another slightly strange problem with it. On preview, quote within a quote works, but when you come to post it still fails (was coming here to congratulate you on fixing this when it worked in preview!) Obviously I'd rather you didn't change the way it works in preview…

e.g.

Unfortunately it appears not to work when editing a post

mmm, this appears to be down to commas and the like being converted to HTML entities. [/quote]

rs
    Free Member

it would be quite cool if you could add a one line preview to the general forum listing so that when you hover over the post title you see the first line of text and get an idea what its about. I miss that when i've been on NSMB for a bit then come back here.

GrahamS

Likewise I'd quite like to be able to see who the last poster was on a thread from the main thread list – maybe this could be added as a hover-over detail on the Freshness column?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘comment PREVIEW added to forum’ is closed to new replies.