Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • acoustic guitar strings
  • emsz
    Free Member

Seems to be dull post night, so i’ll add my own 🙂

usually use nanoweb elixir (10 or 11 gauge)

what’s everyone using, feel like a change

Lifer
    Free Member

Big fan of Newtone strings, handmade oop north and although the guys can do crazy custom windings they also have a standard range.

http://www.newtonestrings.com

I found them because my bass is tuned low and as it’s an original ’79 didn’t want to file out the bridge to fit thicker strings. Guys at Newtone can use a thicker core so you get the stability of a 130/125 gauge but they end up the same diameter as standard 105 gauge.

And last for ages, have had a set of their acoustics on mine for quite a while and still sound good!

iDave
    Free Member

Last set I bought were £15 but have been really impressive. Can’t remember what they were. Search for £15 strings maybe?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I use Thomastik hand-made strings on my acoustic bass. They are beautifully balanced in terms of gauge and I like their tone very much. After a point, the tone of strings is very much a matter of taste. Maybe just buy strings at random until you find a set you like. These are reasonable at around a tenner a set (link)

emsz
    Free Member

Ernie Ball?

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

Ernie ball full stainless are pretty damn good I personally like their tone and feel and at about £8 a set are as good as anything I’ve ever used, I’ve been sticking with them for about thirty years now. I try others every once in a while but keep going back to the Ernie balls.

Trampus
    Free Member

My favourites are D’Addario phosphor bronze 12 guage. Lovely rich balanced tone.

dyna-ti

I used ones for a while called blue steel.They were not bad,quite cheap and didnt really go out of tune too much.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘acoustic guitar strings’ is closed to new replies.