Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Accrington ride
  • philfive
    Free Member

anybody fancy joining me on a ride from Accrington to Holcombe Tower, via coppice and moleside? i know there are a few peeps from Accy on here.

philfive
    Free Member

anyone 🙁

loulouk
    Free Member

I think we do but we're scared we'll be too slow. OH is fitter than me but we're both pathetically horribly unfit. So I think this might be a case of we'll get back to you when we're fitter.

Cougar

's about the size of it. How far is that roughly, any idea?

Definitely up for doing 'something' in the area though, very open to ideas.

Elsa
    Free Member

I'm Preston based and could be interested… Dont know Accy very well. Assuming its an off road ride? How far is it?

Cougar

Holcombe tower is Darwen tower, yes? The great phallus you can see from the M66? Where's Moleside, never heard of it?

Cougar

's ok, I live in Accy and don't know Accy very well (-:

shaman
    Free Member

See here for some rides from Accrington

http://www.idonohoe.com/home.asp

Peel Tower on Holcombe Hill is what you see from M66

Darwen Tower is what you see from M65 between Blackburn & Preston

Junkyard
    Free Member

what day/time distance and pace? gentle bimble , social, fast or xc race pace?

philfive
    Free Member

pace will be slow,im thinking 8am so can be finished for 12pm, distance is around 18m and Holcombe tower is Peel tower at ramsbottom. everyone can meet at the park at the top of Avenue Parade

philfive
    Free Member

cougar, Moleside is on opposite side of Coppice, you ride down kings highway and behind winfields. a bit of a hidden 1hr ride if you chuck on the old railway and up over green haworth.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Grrghhhh

Why does everyone now suddenly come out of the woodwork now I've left Accrington…

😳

philfive
    Free Member

Lol the one thing I like about the coppice is all the little tracks, just been up and rode down the eagle 😉

Nezbo
    Free Member

Phil – When are you thinking of doin this?

philfive
    Free Member

thinking of this saturday morning but then again if enough locals are keen we can do it whenever

philfive
    Free Member

im off on some local stuff again tonight with any luck

philfive
    Free Member

ride tomorrow morning if anyone wants too 😀

Cougar

I think tomorrow is unlikely now, as we've already arranged to do something else.

Definitely up for it At Some Point though, or some of it at least, with the caveat that we're unfit nubs. I've been meaning to explore the Coppice for a while. Last time I was up there was years ago and it was on foot (with an armful of model rockets).

Cougar

If you're out tomorrow, I don't suppose you've got any means of GPS-tracking it and posting the route?

I think I need to have a good hard look at some maps. My local knowledge (given I've lived here for ever) is dreadful.

philfive
    Free Member

no GPS unfortunately, maybe another week

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Accrington ride’ is closed to new replies.