Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Abusive & threatening driver – what to do or storm in a tea cup?
  • thecaptain
    Free Member

Result! Just shows it really is worth reporting. Thank you.

mintimperial

Ha. Brilliant. 😀

PiknMix
    Free Member

Winner, good work reporting him.

MoreCashThanDash

Kryton – had a similar altercation 2-3 years ago and went for option a), was happy with that

aa
    Free Member

Result.
    Ta for sharing.

crankboy
    Free Member

Kryton well done and glad it is being dealt with I suspect it is a community resolution rather than order but his card is marked.

teasel
    Free Member

I gotta say, from the clothing choice, sounds like you had a run-in with Terry Tibbs.

Yellow handkerchief, FFS. And he had the nads to tuck into your get-up. Obviously a comedian…

Kryton57

Yep. That’s fine, it’ll make him think twice if here’s a next time I’d hope.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Good stuff, the bloke is going to be seething with rage after a visit from the police.

If you come across him again he should be pretty sheepish (or he’s going to run you over)

Kryton57

centralscrutinizer – Member
    Good stuff, the bloke is going to be seething with rage after a visit from the police… … (or he’s going to run you over)

It’s occurred to me that the suit plus the confidence to not worry about the CCTV could mean I’ve just grassed on a senior member of the Essex Mafia *glances between curtains*

This could be the right time to shave off my winter beard.

CheesybeanZ

Result , fashion police next -pinstripe suit in a yeti ❗

bearnecessities

Well done Kryton, and to the fuzz for dealing with it so swiftly.

Nobby

Nice one Kryton, let’s hope the p***k learns a lesson.

Mine’s been referred to a “local community officer” which I’ve assumed is a PCSO.

In the meantime, I’ve put the word out to a local club who will make it known locally – the only credibility my idiot has is a lot of cyclists use that road to stay off the A20 or A25.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Nice one Kryton!
    I can’t wait to bump into that prick of a gamekeeper on the Moresdale road up in the Dales again, he’s had a warning from the police about his behaviour!

Pete-B
    Free Member

I’m not best positioned to offer this advice but you have to move on. As said life’s too short.
    You’ve done all you can by reporting him.
    Nothing more to do.
    Except maybe feel sorry for a fat turd in a naff ‘car’ wearing a suit (the fat turd, not the naff ‘car’).
    Mind you – I know how upsetting it is when people make personal remarks about your appearance – someone once called me a ‘bald headed b*stard. Gutted – until then I was under the illusion I had the best mullet in town.

singletrackmind

Pete b try readin 7 posts up.

Good result K57 .
    The twitching net curtains on Arcadia Avenue and the shame of it when the Police knock – knock on his door. Hopefully his Mrs will bend his ear as well.

docstar
    Free Member

As someone earlier said you have to meet fire with fire, if he shouts and makes hand gestures you have to scream and wave your arms around, do a monkey imitation or mr wobbly from the mr men. Your aim is to make him think you are a complete nut job and he would be better off getting as far away from you as possible. Maybe punch yourself in the head or pull out clumps of chest hair?

IanW
    Free Member

This world is full of zombies, the usual options apply.

bails

Good result kryton.
    Although it makes West Midlands Police look even more awful. They refuse to take any action on bad driving/road rage vs cyclists, even with helmet cam video.

They even went as far as to tell me that I couldn’t report a hit and run because if I wasn’t seriously injured then the driver had done nothing wrong in changing lanes into me, knocking me over and then immediately flooring it away. And the bloke who cut me up, slammed the brakes on so I went into the back of him then got out to threaten me… “It’s really bad driving but I’m going to file it as no further action”.

butcher

Nice to hear a positive outcome for a change. Well done Kryton, for dealing with it the way it should be dealt with.

Pete-B
    Free Member

Pete b try readin 7 posts up.

Doh.
    Yeah – good reult.

spursn17
    Free Member

Well done k57, reading that I may report the next one that tries do deal out some car based punishment.

I find the drivers in Essex generally pretty good though, much better than in Kent where they are much more aggressive.

I’ve previously been reluctant to report stuff to the police because of their being completely uninterested when I reported a TNT van driver for spitting on me, I had it all on video (including a still of the gob mid flight).
    I had a nice phone call from the TNT Dutch head office, which was then handed over to the UK office who did sweet fa and couldn’t even ID the driver. Chelsea police were not interested, and the officer even lied about what she’d done about it, and I swore that I would never bother with the police again. Maybe after k57’s result I might.

hora
    Free Member

Its sounds clearly a crime of fashion.

I was cut up/stopped and threatened by a big bloke in his 60s.

He could have shoved me etc and I’d have let it go. But I told him clearly (no language or threats) and slowly to back down and get back in his car. If it had got rough he was probably very close to a heart attack with his obvious temper.

Hence I would have won the fist fight and lost my liberty. There seems to be more and more angry old types. Twice I had this in Hebden bridge before (local shoving me on a trail, 4×4 driver drove to close)

patriotpro
    Free Member

This could be the right time to shave off my winter beard.

Or send him a horse-head before he sends a wreath. That’ll learn him.

spursn17
    Free Member

In Epping, bloke in his 60’s, sharply dressed, looks like he’s got money but is cheapskate enough to drive a Skoda?

I reckon it was Rod Stewart 😆

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Good result. See, it pays to take these tools to task rather than shrugging it off as an “occupational” hazard of cycling – Illegitimi non carborundum

oldnick

Good stuff Kryton 🙂

belugabob
    Free Member

And, by doing so, you’ve let both the offender and the police officer in question off the hook.

The police officer just wanted a quiet life (They are not all like that) and fobbed you off in an attempt to avoid the hassle of dealing with it properly.

The offender not only reacted badly in the first place, but then went on to intimidate the OP, in an attempt to avoid any consequences of their actions (Committing a further ‘offence’ in the process)

The more that people are allowed to get away with unacceptable behaviour, the more they will feel inclined to carry on that behaviour, and the more likely they are to do it to somebody else.

Well done to the OP for pushing for a resolution.

Kryton57

I was originally fobbed of by the chap that answered my call to 101. But I though **** it and emailed essex police direct

Today they’ve emailed me to tell me they’ll be working through the town centre CCTV and the garage forecourt CCTV over the next few days to corroborate my story and build a case.

Fwiw I’m kinda thinking there can’t be much going on in Essex right now for my issue to have created all this activity.

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Abusive & threatening driver – what to do or storm in a tea cup?’ is closed to new replies.