Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 247 total)
  • About Jenn
  • Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Stay strong Jenn. We are all one big family here and are here for you. Totally hateful disease that you have fought strongly. We never met but have always enjoyed your writing and ability to keep the boys in check. Love from the family.

NormalMan

Jenn

I’ve always enjoyed your words of inspiration and that desire to just get out and ride.

May your family and friends bring you the support and comfort you deserve.

From Si and my family
    xx

richb1910
    Free Member

Much Love to Jenn and all at Singletrack. I don’t cry about people I don’t know but I am am this morning.
    Have really enjoyed your articles and will be out riding for you this weekend.

Take care.
    Rich.

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Sheesh what to say. *Love* your writing . Undeserved rotten rotten luck. Do everything with what you have left (like you need telling).
    TM

z1ppy

Terrible news, my thoughts are with Jenn & her family

project
    Free Member

so sad, youre not alone in the battle.

DaRC_L

Tragic news, so sad like others I’ve only enjoyed her articles and given her the odd nod as we passed on the road/trail but she’s been an inspiration.

My thoughts are with Jenn, her family & friends.

ratadog

Like many others here, my thoughts are with Jenn, her family and friends.

mamadirt
    Free Member

😥

Never met you Jenn but cheered you on from the sidelines many times – keep being an inspiration xxx

sazter

Bloody rubbish. 🙁

I do believe there will be a lot of people living life to the max this weekend especially, like you have done and like we all should.

metalheart
    Free Member

Shit news. But, please, keep on keeping on!

I loved that great divide article. Can someone tell me which mag # it was in? I have a compulsion to read it again. I have a feeling I might be inspired once again.

professor_fate
    Free Member

+1 for those fine words from Bustaspoke above, i couldn’t have added more.
    This news has sorely saddened me since reading it last night, yet i’m so heartened by the collective response.
    Jenn,you are a true inspiration in chasing the dream and living a life.
    Really, really hope you can get a few more sweet rides in.

arrpee
    Free Member

Jenn, a huge thank you from someone who always turned straight to your articles when opening the mag*. Your work was always a pleasure and an inspiration to read.

Much love and respect to you and yours.

*OK, maybe not if it was a review of some mundane grommet I had no intention of purchasing, but you get the picture.

hora
    Free Member

Speechless 🙁

flap_jack
    Free Member

Jenn, you will live forever in your inspiring writing. Thank you. And all the best for this toughest of climbs…

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

What terrible news. Sounds a lovely girl. Fight to the end.

badnewz
    Free Member

Just seen this awful news…as above I’m speechless.

CHB

Not much to add that has not already been said. I have read and thoroughly enjoyed your articles.
    Cancer is a proper buggeration and the sooner we unpick it’s nasty little code and consign it to the history books like Polio and Rickets, the better as it’s interfering with the riding and drinking plans of too many people I care for these days!

eshershore
    Free Member

My best regards to Jenn and your family at this difficult time

nickbfromwaaayback
    Free Member

This news is so **** up, just cannot get my head round it at all. God knows what’s like for family and friends up there but I wish you all strength. Dumb thing is that I never thought there would come a day when I would be properly worried about Jenn – always doing crazy challenging things, but you knew she would get through them cos she is completely nails right? But you know that.

Been thinking back a lot to when I knew her. Won’t bore you with war stories but one thing that sprung to mind was when I shared an office with her at Sussex Uni and she was just getting into contributing to bike magazines in her spare time. One day she phoned in sick with a cold or toothache or something, but like any good biker, the sun was shining and the trails were calling and she was out on a ride instead. Might have actually been a photoshoot or something come to think of it, I dunno. Of course you can guess what happened – she came in to work the next day with her arm in a sling cos she’d taken a tumble and knackered her wrist. Not entirely sure how she explained that one away…

Bearing that in mind, now she’s not at work, I hope she’s not spending too much time in front of a computer (and if she is, I hope she has crumpets and a HUGE mug of tea). But Jenn, if you are reading this, I wanted to say two things to you:

Sorry I have been a crappy friend and have not been in touch. I do still think of you though… I don’t ride much now), but every time I do get out on the trails round here I am *constantly* reminded of rides with you and the rest of the Brighton crew. It’s ridiculous really: every dodgy root, every sticky-out tree, every iffy corner, and -most importantly- every conveniently-placed picnic bench holds a story or a memory of some sort. No word of a lie, your spirit still lingers in the woods round here, it always will. All I have to do is get on my bike and I will meet it. That all sounds a bit dippy but for me it is the utter truth.

Secondly, I never did thank you enough for that day when I rode to work and forgot to bring in some trousers. You lent me your spare jeans without a moment’s hesitation, and though they were a little short and a lot tight, you totally saved my (veggie) bacon. And that’s cos you are AWESOME 🙂

Anyhow, sending you positive thoughts and LOADS OF LOVE! NXXX

nickbfromwaaayback
    Free Member

(sorry for wibbling btw)

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Jenn, you continue to be an inspiration. How to be rock hard with grace, humour and style. Love from us to you and Tom x

mudfish

Oh Jenn. Oh my God.
    XNeilB from Brightonx
    Thinking of you and sending love.

jonnyrobertson

Such very sad news. Always enjoy Jenn’s articles, she really engages you, the enthusiasm and love for all that she does really shows. I think we met once a few years back, I’d took myself on a wander round Todmorden and Hebden Bridge and popped into a bike shop (I don’t remember which or where) on the off chance of finding some gloves for my weird sized hands. Quite possibly the nicest person I have ever met in a bike shop, or pretty much any other shop, come to that.

My thoughts are with you, Jenn, your family, friends and your chums at STW Towers. Thank you for words, your attitude, your happy smiling face and for just being you, cos you absolutely flippin’ rock.

Jonny.

*edit* Donation made to St Gemma’s Hospice.

Mark

Our crowd funding project to raise more money for Jenn’s two nominated charities has just gone live here http://singletrackworld.com/2015/09/own-a-piece-of-issue-100/

mangoridebike

Issue 12 the Long way to work article and the bit about the tree

That struck a chord with me when I read it when it first came out and it did so again when I went back to read it again.

Jenn – I never had the chance to meet you, but your writing brought out as much about the emotions that riding can produce as about the experiences. The ability to capture this is wonderful. I am truly sorry to hear the news and my thoughts are with you and those close to you.

Solo
    Free Member

🙁

Do not go gentle into that good night…

piemonster

Guess I’m not alone in wanting to say something, but don’t know what to say.

I’ll just say love, Richard x

You’re really not.

Love, Shaun.

racefaceec90

my best wishes to jenn 🙁

ononeorange

You are what all this biking world is all about. Thank you for everything that you have done and what you are.

ineedabeer
    Free Member

Jenn we have never met but I just wanted to say you are a true inspiration, We send love and best wishes from all of us in my family to you and your family

mrnmissespanda

Jenn,

You once showed my step-daughter and me round singletrack towers when we just knocked on the door.

You were really nice made her feel at ease and a little inspired.

All the best

Cougar

Grin news, and I’ve refrained from commenting thus far as I’ve not had the words. That and the news article has had me in bits every time I’ve tried and I’m getting sniffly again typing this.

My OH and I have been fortunate enough to call Jenn a friend, and can only echo the sentiments that others have already said. Jenn is one of life’s truly lovely people, and will forever be the nutter who rode round with a plant pot on her bike. Sending love and hugs, our thoughts are with you, Tom and those at Singletrack.

Alan & Louise.

Alphabet

Jenn, we never met but I’d just like to add my best wishes.

miketually
    Free Member

Just wanted to copy this here, in case anyone missed it with the page change:

Mark – Resident Grumpy
    Our crowd funding project to raise more money for Jenn’s two nominated charities has just gone live here http://singletrackworld.com/2015/09/own-a-piece-of-issue-100/

stevio

Put my money where my mouth is and bought a print; it could well be any of us…

stever
    Free Member

Ride it like you stole it people, some idiot’s going around making people poorly. Don’t stand still for too long.

miketually
    Free Member

Put my money where my mouth is and bought a print; it could well be any of us…

I did, too. It’s currently my mum; stage 3c ovarian cancer, starts chemo on the 29th.

kennyp
    Free Member

Sadly never got to meet you, but read many of the things you wrote or contributed to. Am pretty rubbish at putting these sort of things into words, but STW is like a big extended (and totally dysfunctional) family at times, and losing you is like losing a part of all of us. If that makes sense.

I’ve been more roadie than mountain biker in the last few years, but reading a lot of things about you, and about adventures, recently has made me vow to get back into the muddy stuff and really live life to the full.

For inspiring a total stranger Jenn, thank you. You’re a special person.

dannyh
    Free Member

I can’t believe that I skim read the original article in the news section and didn’t realise the reasons behind Jenn leaving. It’s such a feature of life today that you click, read a couple of lines, form an opinion and click on something else. Or it is if you’re a preoccupied ninny like me. Cancer is just such a horrendously random thing. Even if you do your best to look after yourself, you could still find yourself facing the loaded chamber. Not fair.

From the basic opinion I can form from her articles and the comments of people who really know her, I have always thought she just seemed to be one of those people who adds energy to a room rather than sucking it out.

I wish Jenn all the best, and hope that she can fit in as much as possible.

Dan.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 247 total)

The topic ‘About Jenn’ is closed to new replies.