Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 247 total)
  • About Jenn
  • Bunnyhop

ononeorange – Member
    You are what all this biking world is all about. Thank you for everything that you have done and what you are.

+1

Jenn and Tom – you are more than welcome to borrow our tandem for an easy short spin, if you can manage it. However I have the feeling Jenn would want to ‘pilot’ it.

bunnyhop x

teamslug
    Free Member

No words can say how sorry I am. I don’t know Jenn or Tom but may the time you have left together be beautiful. X

Andy-R

I don’t know what to say either, except that we send all the love we possibly can.

Andy and Karen

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Jenn – I bumped into you a couple of times while floating round the industry and at 24 hour races, but my main memory is chatting during a Thetford winter enduro shortly before my rim sidewall exploded with a ma-hoo-siv BANG. You’d travelled up from Brighton specifically to ride round a flat wood, which struck me as being very committed.

Reading all the above has bought me close to tears, but I imagine that’s not what you want to read. Like others here I too have lost friends and family to this evil disease and have a vague idea of what’s going on. So with that, I sincerely hope that you’re comfortable, in good spirits and surrounded by much love and laughter. Please do what you want to, whatever that may be. If it were me I think I’d experiment with hard drugs to see what the fuss is about, but that’s beside the point.

For what it’s worth I’ll be donating to cancer (small ‘c’) charities on top of what I already do. You are an inspiration in this sport/life choice and make it a better place.

london_lady
    Free Member

Hi Jenn – big hugs from L & A – keep drinking tea 🙂

nikk
    Free Member

Link in the 1st post should be updated to http://singletrackworld.com/2015/10/about-jenn/

Best wishes to Jenn.

TimothyD
    Free Member

It’s funny how people can touch others just by being themselves, at Dales Bike Centre quite a few years ago, one of the guides and another person from my group were talking about Jenn Hopkins, and the group member mentioned meeting Jenn Hopkins in a way that said it ment something to her, and her articles have always been one of the first things I turned to as if her overall goodness and enthusiasm came through in the text.

Grab life while you can I guess, even the fittest of us aren’t immune to cancer.

Strength to all those affected.

Mark

It’s with great sadness that I write this. We lost Jenn earlier today. She will be missed by so many people. Our thoughts are with Tom and her family and friends.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

God no. Indescribable.

mintimperial

Ride on, Jenn.

simondbarnes

The world is now a much poorer place :'(

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Tears.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

My sympathies to Jenn’s family and friends and to all at STW. She clearly touched the lives of many in a very good way and I imagine many are inconsolable today. Look after one another.

Darcy.

nemesis
    Free Member

Horribly sad news and thoughts to all those who were close to her.

But… It’s clear that she’s still here and she’s not going to be forgotten by the huge number of people she had an effect on whether in person, through her writing or just by being a massively positive presence at bike events.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Just read the news on the front page, so sad. I first met Jenn when she worked at my LBS Quest Adventure and we have caught up at many races since. It was so nice to see her earlier in the year when I was a spare rider for the Singletrack Alfriston route photos. She had inspired me to ride the Tour Divide and very kindly gave me her maps when we did that ride. I’m buying my flight tickets very soon and will be going next June. Rest in peace Jenn, I’ll be doing one very long #jennride next June…..

My sympathies to all her family and friends and everyone at STW.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Very sad news……..

Spud

Very sad news, may the trails be forever dry and dusty for you..

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

As above; very sad news. Sincere sympathies with her family and friends.

paul4stones

Sad sad news. Thoughts with all affected.
    I met her twice- she rescued us when richpips winter Bob Graham didn’t work out and once when she comprehensively beat me in the three peaks. That she remembered me on the second occasion amazed me but it seems she was an amazing person. The number of people and the thoughts expressed in these threads speak volumes about the kind of person she was which, I guess, is a good legacy to leave, albeit far too soon.
    Love to all

trail_rat
    Free Member

This sucks.

Happy trails Jenn.

Wookster

awful news

lalazar
    Free Member

RIP

MrOvershoot

As I said on the front page.

Thirty bloody Eight how can someone so full of joy & life be taken so young.
    I know It makes no difference but I’m actually angry…
    It might not be the correct words or emotion but that’s what I feel.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Sad,sad news..thoughts are with you all at STW.

gary

Thirty bloody Eight how can someone so full of joy & life be taken so young.

There’s not much you can add to that is there. Cruel world.

mick_r

Some tears in the Rushton household tonight.

Jenn was one of those nice people that we’d keep meeting in a field somewhere at various mtb events. One of our treasured photo albums has a nice pic of her at SSWC in Sweden – even more precious now.

Junkyard
    Free Member

May your trails be ever dry and dusty

dawson

RIP Jenn

🙁

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Awful news. As mentioned a few pages back, my grandpa was diagnosed with cancer 2 months ago and was given 3 months to live. We said goodbye to him 3 weeks ago now… What a shitty world this is sometimes.

ART

We’ll miss you Jenn, thank you for everything you gave to this community of ours. Thoughts are with your loved ones tonight.

mamadirt
    Free Member

So sad 😥 ride in peace Jenn – my thoughts are with your friends and family.

theotherjonv

🙁

crewlie

The world is so unfair so much of the time. No battle was lost, just a terrible disease that we have to keep trying to learn how to cure.
    To leave with so much love and respect from your peers shows how well a life was lived.
    RIP

grtdkad
    Free Member

So sad.

Go ride Jenn

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Gutted. Never met Jenn but feel the collective STW loss.

Rest in peace Jenn and heartfelt condolences to your family and friends x

slackalice
    Free Member

Our thoughts and sympathies for Jenn’s family, friends and colleagues. She lives on in your memories, hold them dear and close.

swiss
    Free Member

So sad , RIP

woody21
    Free Member

So sad – thinking of her family, friends and colleagues at this sad time

breadcrumb

RIP Jenn.

trademark
    Free Member

Really sorry to hear this, my thoughts go to her loved ones.

My g/f has breast cancer (maybe cured?, fingers crossed) and it’s a truly awful thing to experience. I’m welling up now.

R.I.P. Jenn.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 247 total)

The topic ‘About Jenn’ is closed to new replies.