Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Aaron Gwyn
  • Rorschach
    Free Member

Nearly 5 seconds up…at the first split (minute and a bit in)!!!!!
    Won by 3 at the finish.
    Gee,Greg,Peaty,Hill etc must be thinking of what they are going to do now they won’t be winning anything again 😯
    Shame he’s a septic though.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

Shame he’s a septic though

shame you’re a banker though

akira

Gracia pretty fast this year and Hart has got to win a round at some point.

Rorschach
    Free Member

bit harsh chubby 😉

brakes
    Free Member

it seemed really tight on the clock and then both Atherton and Gwin took a couple of seconds out of Minnaar – those three seem to be a class above this year

ton

if he had not been stylin it gracia would have won i reckon.

Blower
    Free Member

yep Hart is promising indeed

CG is still awesome to watch.

Gwinner has shown em they need to step it up even more eh.

kimbers

its spelt gWIN 😉

Rorschach
    Free Member

So it’s AA-ron GEE-wyn then?

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

He’s racing with the Lord on his side after all.

chvck
    Free Member

Gwin is so fast it’s ridiculous! I think that without the styling that CG may have pipped Hill but I reckon he’d still be a ways off the time Gee put in.

It does seem that the top 3 are a step ahead of the rest but there’s still plenty of riders that are capable of getting a win. Riders like Hill, Hart, Fairclough (maybe not so much yet this season) and even Peaty can’t be ruled out and wouldn’t be a surprise if any of them took a win somewhere. The top 3 do seem to have a consistency that’s unmatched though…

Rorschach
    Free Member

He’s remote controlled….Johnny T sits at home with some joysticks and controls him computer game stylee…..whilst praying.

kaesae
    Free Member

It’s going to be a very interesting season and from what I’ve seen so far a lot of fun to watch!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rorschach – Member
    He’s remote controlled….Johnny T sits at home with some joysticks and controls him computer game stylee…..whilst praying.

*Applauds*

Blower
    Free Member

kaesae – Member

It’s going to be a very interesting season and from what I’ve seen so far a lot of fun to watch!

+1

geetee1972
    Free Member

I’ve watched all three World Cups so far, read and watched interviews with him on the web, and so far I’ve not heard him mention God or religion once.

So why do people insist on making (derogotary) remarks about God when talking about him? I don’t think his religious beliefs have anything to do with it really do they, or is it OK to poke fun at him if he is indeed religious (yeah like you would poke fun if he was gay, black etc)?

As far as I can see he’s a super talented and very modest guy on a bike and let’s face it, at least one of those qualities has so far been desperately lacking on the DH scene thus far.

brakes
    Free Member

he said he wasn’t going to party tonight after his race win, he was just going to pack his stuff and go home
    how very commendable 🙄

geetee1972
    Free Member

he said he wasn’t going to party tonight after his race win, he was just going to pack his stuff and go home

He actually said he was going to spend time with his team, which I think is pretty commendable.

nickegg
    Free Member

Gwin is a what the sport needs. Quiet, professional and super talented. I’m so fed up of the hype that the likes of Fairclough and Hill attract. I thinks Hill’s days at the top are no more (his gold at the worlds last year was an exception), now that others have stepped things up that little bit more.

Didn’t Gwin finish his first World Cup season in the top ten? Surely that was a sign of things to come!

Blower
    Free Member

i hope Danny Hart carries on the way he is,and comes on a bit.

Brycey
    Free Member

I would say Hill managed both these

“As far as I can see he’s a super talented and very modest guy on a bike and let’s face it, at least one of those qualities has so far been desperately lacking on the DH scene thus far.”

geetee1972
    Free Member

In fairness, I think he did as well, at least initially. But it pretty soon started to unravel.

grum
    Free Member

i hope Danny Hart carries on the way he is,and comes on a bit.

Have heard he’s a bit of a bellend, but I suppose he’s only fairly young. His run was amazing though.

Rorschach
    Free Member

The lord dagnamit was refering to was Tomac-who prays to the norse god Loki.Nothing anti religious there at all.I would never diss god…..lest he smites me.

chvck
    Free Member

“As far as I can see he’s a super talented and very modest guy on a bike and let’s face it, at least one of those qualities has so far been desperately lacking on the DH scene thus far.”

From what I’ve seen of interviews with Fairclough I’d say he covers those bases too.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

where can i watch some of this? not that im a keen downhiller but i just wanna see what skillzzz they have and the speed at which they do it..

any links to good vids appreacited

geetee1972
    Free Member

From what I’ve seen of interviews with Fairclough I’d say he covers those bases too.

He’s got bags of talent and modesty. It’s just a shame he doesn’t win races. He’s way better than any of his results would have you believe and based on the people I’ve spoken to who actually know him, he’s supposed to be a super nice guy.

Oscillate, just look on Dirt’s Website or you can watch the footage live on Freecaster

Edit: Huh can you not link to another MTB website from here? Seems those links are just opening STW again.

Blower
    Free Member

think bryceland comes across as a bellend,but i stand corrected.

fairclough has always come across ok,nice riding style

Grum where you hear Danny’s a bellend?

Rorschach
    Free Member

“a super talented and very modest guy on a bike and let’s face it, at least one of those qualities has so far been desperately lacking on the DH scene thus far.”
    I think you might be confusing your average U.K downhill bike rider with the w.c level guys.I’ve had the opportunity to meet/ride with quite a few of the top u.k riders and they’ve all been super dedicated,very down to earth and modest guys (and girls)…maybe with the exception of Bryceland!

geetee1972
    Free Member

I think you might be confusing your average U.K downhill bike rider with the w.c level guys.I’ve had the opportunity to meet/ride with quite a few of the top u.k riders and they’ve all been super dedicated,very down to earth and modest guys (and girls)

Yep, totally fair comment; can I take my comment back? I guess it’s just really good to see someone quietly come in and very modestly raise the stakes big time, which is what Gwin has done.

grum
    Free Member

Grum where you hear Danny’s a bellend?

Just someone I know that races downhill – said of Danny and his Dad(!). Could be bollocks for all I know.

Yep, totally fair comment; can I take my comment back? I guess it’s just really good to see someone quietly come in and very modestly raise the stakes big time, which is what Gwin has done.

You just like him because he’s a god-botherer and so are you. 😛

Rorschach
    Free Member

I could’nt agree with you more geetee!!

geetee1972
    Free Member

You just like him because he’s a god-botherer and so are you.

LOL I’m an aetheist!

scaredypants

that was one of the best races I’ve watched – shame they had no footage from the top since that’s where the big time differences seemed to come from.

even warner was on form “he went through that section faster than (mystery footballer) goes through his brother’s wives” 😀

walleater

Looks like a Trek.

scaredypants

who ?

stanfree
    Free Member

As has been said already Gee, Gwin and Minaar are streets ahead of the competition , Peaty had a great run for having a broken hand . The winner in my mind Is CG , top man for getting a good finish and styling It up at the same time. I got a picture of him with my 7 year old son last week at Fort William he couldn’t have been nicer as was Steve Peat . Also a great race for Tracy Mosely and the lovely Rachel Atherton.

Blower
    Free Member

CG’s hand was strapped up last week at For Bill,dunno what the injury was.
    aye spoke to CG last week as his tent was oppsosite the stall i was working on.

and dint know peatys hand was broke?

stanfree
    Free Member

Rob Warner said It today he had to borrow a hand brace from Leikonnen.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Gotta feel for Needles….3 good quali’s,3 dnf’s.Comes across as as really nice lad aswell.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Aaron Gwyn’ is closed to new replies.