Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • A wee video from yesterday
  • BoardinBob

Blue skies, quiet trails, grippy snow. 😀

http://vimeo.com/18614847

ourkidsam
    Free Member

There’s either a weird angle on that or you are very, very thin

BoardinBob

Weird angle 🙁

CrombieCraig
    Free Member

Was out round Mugdock for a blast yesterday also. Recognised some of the trails, there were others areas I didn’t though. Should tie up for a run one w/end and you can show me some more of the off piste stuff!

BoardinBob

More than happy to show anyone around. Even I managed to find new trails yesterday that I’d never been on before! God bless tracks in the snow.

CrombieCraig
    Free Member

Bob
    Drop me an email, cant see your in your profile
    cheers

BoardinBob

Done

stanfree
    Free Member

Nice wee vid , made all the better by Radiohead . well done.

dogthomson

Your meant to pelt it past the camera then rest out of shot. That was you can convince everyone that your actualy really fast! 😛

Good vid nontheless. Has your editing software stretched the aspect ratio a bit though?

craa22uk

good vid, re-upload on vimeo at 16×9 instead of 4×3 and you should be sorted for aspect ratio correction

biked up there last week in between the snow in the rain – think you had the better conditions

BoardinBob

Cheers.

Was a ‘mare trying to edit it but I used Windows Movie Maker. It was shot on a Toshiba Camileo S20. The early sections were shot in VGA before I noticed and switched to 720 HD. Don’t know if it’s the camera or movie maker

iainc

Bob – looks good, I couldn’t get out for the usual Sunday spin with GMBC yesterday am due sick kids. I had been ‘hoping’ it was all icy and unrideable though !!

BoardinBob

If today’s commute is anything to go by, it’ll be back to icy and unrideable. Came off the bike this morning as I cycled through Queens park. Solid, super slick ice everywhere.

The ice was still there yesterday but it was covered by grippy snow but the thaw was setting in quite heavily by the time I left about 2pm. I suspect the freezing temps overnight will have turned it back into a massive skating rink 🙁

muddy_fox
    Free Member

Bob, when you go to save it on movie maker (publish movie) and you come to the movie settings screen click on;

– more settings button and then
    – select WMV – HD – 1280 x 720

That should sort out the perspective issues.

BoardinBob

Cheers, I’ll try that when I get home.

When you’re outputting the video in WMM, there appears to be a massive gap between the best quality format (which was 750 meg) versus the next available which seemed to max out at 50 meg.

I went for the full quality version then discovered vimeo wont accept files over 500 meg, and youtube uploads kept failing so I had to re-run the 750 meg file through WMM and convert it to a much lower quality version to upload it.

Am I missing something or is there a gap between the file outputs?

muddy_fox
    Free Member

which version of WMM are you using? Is it the one you get with XP and Vista (same version) or the newer one that you get with Windows 7?

And what file format does your camera shoot in? and can you import it directly or do you convert to avi and then import?

BoardinBob

Still on XP so it’s the version it came with. Camera outputs AVI files

muddy_fox
    Free Member

Hmmm… strange.

I use a GoPro HD and with MSWMM I convert to avi and then edit. Can get a HD res movie of say 8 minutes which is about 350mb.

Just experimenting with Adobe Premiere Elements at the moment and that seems to save even larger files.

But to answer your question, if you want widescreen (which you do to make the perspective correct) then you will get large file sizes although on that settings page there is one other 16:9 setting which isnt HD so may save smaller files but I’ve never used this so it may be worth trying it to see the difference.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘A wee video from yesterday’ is closed to new replies.