Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • A short film.
  • Whitish
    Free Member

Just recently, due to my and my riding mates’ increasing families, it’s been harder and harder to meet up for rides. So it’s ended up with me out on the hills on my own a fair amount. We all know the social nature of riding bikes, but there is something to be said for being out there and alone.

So I thought I’d make a little film about it. It’s 4:24 long, so if you’re bored and have sub 5 minutes to waste, feel free to have a look.

It’s all filmed at Ambergate and Wharny, and was all but completely filmed on my hardtail.

[video]http://vimeo.com/24983129[/video]

Blower
    Free Member

great vid that.nice riding and edit.

MrSmith
    Free Member

nice.
    is that your old devinci frame?

btbb
    Free Member

Like the varied mounts for the camera. Great video

Whitish
    Free Member

Thanks!

Yes Mr. Smith, that is the old girl girder battletank Devinci circa 2003. Still wrought.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

jedi

high5 whitish

MrSmith
    Free Member

2003, halcyon days.
    🙂

jedi

wa, whitsish and co….. legends imo

konaboy2275
    Free Member

Great film, like the shots from the chainstay.

MrGreedy

Very nicely put together, liked the music. Would have been better with a massive skid at the end though 😉

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

Cool, some decent riding too.

From watching you ride, your bars look very high .. esp with those forks .. have you tried a wide flat one?

I never realised how much the chain spazzed about! Must remember to wrap my chainstay!

samuri
    Free Member

Nice mount points. I quite liked that.

righog
    Free Member

Great Film.. I really liked the chain cam, makes you think how much work they have to do. Great riding as well.

righog
    Free Member

Great Film.. I really liked the chain cam, makes you think how much work they have to do. Great riding as well.

AlexSimon

Fantastic stuff. Really well done.
    It’s amazing that we expect our chains to not fall off with that sort of abuse!
    I wish I could afford that new XTR mech with the switch!

Clink

brilliant! makes me want to get out right now 🙂

Jeffus
    Free Member

Excellent great angles 😀

Whitish
    Free Member

Nice one. Thanks. I was kind of expecting ‘a bit of self indulgence’-esque comments. I mean, honestly, it is self-indulgent, but I was quite pleased with it.

Jedi, – I am honoured you think as such!
    Nixon-fiend – Never really thought about it. Got flat bars on my big bike, so maybe I will. Thanks.
    Mr. Greedy – I agree. Must try harder.
    Mr. Smith – Indeed. Seems sooooo long ago now…

I’ve got buckets of footage of me running up trails though. Percentage of usable-image is not all that high when you have to set the camera recording and then run to wherever it is you need to start riding from!

And yes, I did used to be a scout (years and years ago…)

Whitish
    Free Member

Hmm, no image. Never mind.

Whitish
    Free Member

As the image linky button didn’t seem to work.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64018777@N02/5829123574/in/photostream

dogbert
    Free Member

is the music RJD2?

willard

Love the backwards shots!

What camera did you use?

Whitish
    Free Member

Yes; RJD2 ‘Since We Last Spoke’.

I’d used ‘Someone’s Second Kiss’ from that album on the intro section of a memento film I’d made of a two week riding holiday in BC a couple of years ago, thinking that at some point I’d use this track as I could see it working pretty well with editing of short riding clips.

As for camera: well, it’s a little antiquated by some standards, but it’s a Canon mini DV camcorder with an external Hi-res (480 lines I think) bullet camera lens.

portlyone

Nice. The chain cam, as others have mentioned, is great.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘A short film.’ is closed to new replies.