• This topic has 17 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • A plea for help – need a pull from a 4×4 in Sheffield HELP
  • Riofer
    Free Member

My car is very badly parked with the front end crunched into a wall after a very scary slide on the snow slush and ice last night. The snow has melted over night and the slope of grass it is on is sodden and it is well and truly stuck. I just need to move it a few metres onto the road to assess the damage.

Can anyone in Sheffield with a suitable 4×4 help me out with a tow please.

I’m still pretty shaken up by it all but mainly thankful that I didn’t hit anyone else. I don’t know if it would have made a difference but I’ll be getting some winter tyres on straight away.

Please give me a call on 07764 903089 if you help.

Thanks
    David

br
    Free Member

I don’t know if it would have made a difference but I’ll be getting some winter tyres on straight away.

and a AA/RAC card?

steveh

Where in sheffield is it?

spooky_b329

and a AA/RAC card?

That won’t help, neither will recover vehicles after an accident, even when they are still on the road.. Although i believe the rac will tow you off a muddy verge, but probably not after an accident.

Riofer
    Free Member

steveh, it is in Walkley. Thanks

iDave
    Free Member

does it need a 4×4? a normal car may have enough grunt

Riofer
    Free Member

A normal car with some grunt might do it with a long rope. it is a few metres away from the road so a 4×4 would be best. Car is a mondeo estate so not the lightest.

Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks
    David

spooky_b329

Mondeo is a fair chunk of weight, I would go for a proper 4×4 to save the risk of someone frying their clutch. If the damage is going to be an insurance claim then I think you’d be able to claim for the costs of a recovery flat bed to come out, they have a winch.

donsimon
    Free Member

Near a farm? Tractor?

user-removed
    Free Member

Sorry can’t help but know from past experience that the AA won’t assist if they deem it to be an RTA. Good luck!

Riofer
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice and words of support. I’m hoping not have to use insurance, high excess and impact on renewal cost means it will have to be a chunk repair bill before I call them in.

Still looking for a friendly 4×4 driver

cheers
    David

cbike
    Free Member

Block and tackle – double or triple purchase – think like an egyptian.

Such an underrated but incredibly useful device. Doesn’t even need batteries!

Don simon’s idea of a tractor sounds best. How far a walk to the nearest farm ?
    Or flag down a passing truck and offer the driver cash for 10 minutes of his time. Tippers and skip lorries will have tow points front and back

garethh
    Free Member

would a ford focus do it? just down the road, what road are you on?

Riofer
    Free Member

Garth it might, if I can get it moving I may be able to get some traction. I’ve got some old carpet to get under the wheels. Don’t suppose you have a towing rope, I’ve got one but it won’t be long enough to reach the road.

thepodge
    Free Member

A grass bank in Walkley? Its not outside the Bhudist centre is it? I cant think of any more, its all stone terrace up there as far as the eye can see.

Woodhead recovery do a lot in Sheffield but they charge a bomb, it was over £300 when I crashed mine.

Sorry a cant be more help.

Riofer
    Free Member

Thanks everyone car is now back on the road. Had to get a recovery 4×4 to do it in the end and he only just managed it. The front end looks a mess, looks like I’m sucking up some insurance pain for a while to come once the claim goes in.

Definitely a life lesson learnt! Main thing no one was hurt.

Cheers
    David

Pook

Where did you crash it David?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘A plea for help – need a pull from a 4×4 in Sheffield HELP’ is closed to new replies.