Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • 90's Rave Generation – Music Thread
  • tangent
    Free Member

ah funtimes 😀 nice thread … some soudndsystem came and set up in out local riding woods (which still harbour some of my all time favourite riding even today)…early mountain biking escapades with a real time acid house soundtrack blasting thru’ the trees u couldn’t make it up today!…then off to Lakota for long lost school nights. Grand

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hmm, a rave night with a bunch of 40-something STWers… 😕

Drum and Bass nights were always quite heavy with lots of people who didn’t want to dance and liked fighting,

I really liked the dancing part too actually. 😳 Quite enjoyed a good pagga though.

DnB was good cos you din’t get loads of poncey pretentious Middle Class kids coming down to raves acting all w4nky; they got put off by the myth that DnB was ‘dangerous’ because raves took place in (God Forbid) Hackney and places like that and there were lots of Black people there. What a load of crap. I was too busy dancing (y’know, really dancin’) to notice much untoward.

I’d need ambulance now, if I tried to emulate me raving days. Lord above it weren’t good for you I’m sure.

Still got it though, if the need arises…

superfli
    Free Member

Probably my first “rave” track. “Mr Kirk, yuor son is dead, he died of an overdose..” lovely lol!
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THCj2AJuNVE[/video]

anyone goto Lost in Brixton? The club was ace, really underground. We went to quite a few NY do’s with them – it kept changing venue as they couldnt keep a license. I remember one being near Charing Cross. Lots of Sven Vath, CJ Bolland, that sort of thing.

stephen131
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbMc4dnjV_E&feature=related[/video]

duckman

I finished my apprenticeship and went down to work in London just as the Sunrise raves were becoming commercial.After that lots of meetings in pub carparks in Croydon and off to farms… . Like GF I used to go through to the Rez in Embra and various locations for the Glam and Rhumba. Weird thing was I grew up listening to metal and hated dance music. It was just the vibe for me me of so many people with a united interest,oh and SuperMarios…FTW!

Sorry for linky stupidity

yossarian
    Free Member

DnB was good cos you din’t get loads of poncey pretentious Middle Class kids coming down to raves acting all w4nky; they got put off by the myth that DnB was ‘dangerous’ because raves took place in (God Forbid) Hackney and places like that and there were lots of Black people there

Its funny but my memories of the scene were very different to this. It was all about a good vibe and a movement that had no boundaries, pretty much everyone was sound and their background was irrelevant. Maybe it was more edgy and less innocent in London, we never went there for parties, the movement was away from cities and out onto the land.

yunki
    Free Member

anyone know the name of a very dingy little rave hole right by the station in Embra in 92/93ish..? I was staying up that way for a bit and remember dancing on a stage about the size of a parking space while Moby banged out his current techno hits on a keyboard next to me..

stanfree
    Free Member

Could be the now decesased ‘Venue’ at the back of the station .

disco_stu
    Free Member

Got some mates who stayed here and said it was ace – apparently they were fine with them setting up decks/PA and having an all night party.

http://www.baskervillehall.co.uk/

Any biking nearby?

I’ve been to Freerotation there a few years ago. Its an amazing little place to have a festival

‘A mate’ tells me that MDMA powder is the way to go these days.

‘A mate’ tells me that ‘rockstars’ are pretty good these days
    of course I’m way too old for this sort of thing but gonna be coming out of retirement for Bloc this weekend

ianv
    Free Member

That bloc line up looks pretty interesting, would love to see DJ Funk.

imnotamused
    Free Member

Man, funny this thread should pop up as I spent the weekend decorating and getting nostalgic listening to some old essential mixes.

Brought back fond, fond memories of my first rave in a warehouse in Aldershot, e’s and speed, what will that do? You’ll have the time of your life was the answer. He was right.

Favourite club nights ever were Feel at Preston Uni 94-96 and Back 2 Basics at The Music Factory and the Pleasure Rooms in Leeds.

Happy days indeed 😯

Found this little beauty on You Tube, Awesome 3, Don’t Go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4HhUSQA_7s

imnotamused
    Free Member

Ooh and I’ve just remembered my trip to Tribal Gathering. That was messy 😀 I remember spewing up in someone’s hood in the VIP tent (the owner was wearing his jacket at the time) and tripping over people lying on the floor in the middle of packed tents full of people dancing.

Amazing.

Xylene
    Free Member

Probably my first “rave” track. “Mr Kirk, yuor son is dead, he died of an overdose..” lovely lol!

Almost broke Dj. Rap that did. Allegedly dropped it at a rave just after a kids was stabbed. People thought it was deliberate and wouldn’t hire her.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Started out raving as a spotty 17year old at the carlton in morecambe on a friday night in 91.For the next 10 years I went to some of the best clubs in the north of England.Hacienda,,bowlers(manchester),angles(burnly),empire(morecambe),maximes,wigan pier(wigan)love shack(blackpool),feel(preston),orbit(morly),back to basics,up your ronson(leeds)gatecrasher(sheffield).Good times.Looking back I’ve probably had more drugs pass through my hands than a line manager at glaxo 8O.Do I regret those times ?.No,not at all.Esp. since I met my wife on bowlers car park 16 years ago and were still happily married.

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘90's Rave Generation – Music Thread’ is closed to new replies.