Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 661 Wrist wraps
  • shoei
    Free Member

Any use the 661 wrist wraps?
    Do they work?
    looking for something to provide some support to the wrist and these look like they may do the trick.

hitman
    Free Member

weird – I need the same thing as from yesterday, when a machine at the gym broke as I was using it!! Now icing my wrist every hour – another injury 🙁

RichPenny
    Free Member

I had one and wore it for about 3 months. It is a bit uncomfortable but does indeed keep your wrist fairly straight. Not sure it would provide much protection in a proper crash though.

shoei
    Free Member

not after crash protection, just something to help my wrist.

TN
    Free Member

J uses the wrist wrap pro which is, I believe, more sturdy and supportive. Also offers decent crash protection too.

coastkid
    Free Member

i broke both wrists riding bmx in 1985…yes i had to get my arse wiped….we then wore wristwraps..a bit like the pro ones TN on about they were made for skaters and had no probs,kept wearing them after pins removed in 1990 for a few years..,my mate broke both wrists 2 years ago and uses they pro ones and reckons there the bizz…

2hottie
    Free Member

Buy one. still using mine, well made and helps support the wrist. Doubt it would do much in a crash but makes me feel better all the same.

DT78
    Free Member

I have a 'pro' and a 'long' version. Broke both wrists in May this year. Prefer the long version for riding in provides more support, however I've already split the stitching open on the palm, reckon a few more rides and it will be time for a new one. I am fairly heavy on kit though 🙁

nickjb
    Free Member

I wore one after wrist surgery. Helped a lot, limits movement in a good and bad way. I still use wrist supporting gloves

vikingboy
    Free Member

Coast kid – thanks for that! I innocently stumble into a thread on wrist straps and noted your arse wiping comment. TBH, I hadnt thought of the consequences of this particular injury before. Now having considered it for a split second the idea of needing someone to wipe my arse for me really has made me question whether I want to ride a bike off road again. The wife wont even use the bathroom for an hour after Ive been in there so theres no way shes going to get up close! 😀
    Maybe I should get some wrist straps as preventive care and wear them all the time just reduce risk?

Bregante

I broke my wrist 8 weeks ago, the cast came off last week but TBH it's still hurting like a bitch and the thought of riding the mountain bike in the future without some form of protection isn't even a consideration for me. I can't work with broken bones and I've a wife and baby B's to support 😕

I've got a pair of Dakine wrist supports from my snowboarding days that I'm going to try when the wrist eventually feels strong enough.

DT78
    Free Member

I found my snowboarding ones (protec) meant I couldn't quite grip the bars right. Give it a go though. If it helps my wrists still hurt 7 months later 🙁 I was in casts for 3 months. Oh and you can wipe your arse. You just risk getting a fiberglass rash!

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

I was looking at some support but not too bulky during this thread

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/compression-wrist-bandsguards

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘661 Wrist wraps’ is closed to new replies.