Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • £650 to spend on a hardtail?
  • Shack
    Free Member

As in the title. Any bargains out there? Will be used for weekend trails and daily commute.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Cannondale f4 with the headshok front end – I got mine from Evans about nine months ago, cant fault it at all, in fact its become my 'do everything bike'. Fingers crossed you might still be able to find an 09 one, as the new models about 250 quid more than I paid.

surfer
    Free Member
    Surfr
    Free Member

Because there aren't any malt 1s in stock according to that page. Shame though, I've got a Malt 2 and it's just a lighter version of the same frame design and It's great for the money.

richc
    Free Member
    younggeoff

Got a dialled bikes morning glory frame for sale, would build up into a lovely trail bike and commuter, Titanium so no rust worries either

vdubber67
    Free Member

+1 for the Malt if it was in stock.

For £650 I'd just get some bits off here and build something to be honest.

SiB
    Free Member

Shack…….you forgot to add that it shouldn't be a hardtail that would be faster than your new purchase! You two boys and your little races, I dont know!!

Shack
    Free Member

No worries Si, as long as theres ditches to fall in he'll never keep up!

SiB
    Free Member

True, or you could always brake unexpectedly if he was behind you resulting in him somersaulting over handlebars! Tw*t 😛

dan1980
    Free Member

Was going to suggest a specialized rockhopper, but have just discovered the 09 at 685 seem to be going the way of hens teeth, and the 10 model is nearly £800!

Milkie
    Free Member

Because there aren't any malt 1s in stock according to that page. Shame though, I've got a Malt 2 and it's just a lighter version of the same frame design and It's great for the money.

Are you guys being numpty's or is it me? They are in stock, select the size you want, and the "out of stock" dissappears. 😉

dan1980
    Free Member

Perhaps the OP only wants 13" of malty goodness?

GaryLake
    Free Member

You could do an On One Inbred with Recons and Full deore (inc wheels) group from Merlin and then pick up the finishing kit 2nd hand for £650 easy.

epicsteve
    Free Member

New Inbred frame and 2nd hand bits from here will build you a nice bike for £650. That's about what it cost to put my Inbred together and it's a reasonable spec – Deore & LX drivetrain, Shimano M505 wheels, Deore hydros, Float 100RLC forks.

Northwind

I'd get an 08 Carrera Fury and spend the change on cakes, personally. Bit weightier/beefier than the Malt 1, bit of a bigger hitter, but all in a better bike IMO- good components, great fork.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Giant XTC3 for £550 now from £750 and it is brilliant!

Trekster

my lbs has 17" Genesis 10 in lovely red in the window for £750, down from £950. Pity it is`nt a 19" or it would be mine

renton
    Free Member
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘£650 to spend on a hardtail?’ is closed to new replies.