Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 5'8… what size 456?
  • yunki
    Free Member

I've been pretty sure that a 16" would be about right but would like thoughts on this.. would a 14" be TOO small?

tinsy
    Free Member

16"

I am 5'8 with a 32 inside leg I ride an 18" Scandal fine for the riding I do, but is was going to a 456 I would opt for the 16" as the smaller size would suit the lobbing around a 456 is meant for, 14" is a really tiny bike.

allankelly

16" here too, on Inbreds and 456, they're long. Get a long seatpost. I'm 5'7 and a bit.

al.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Aye 16" … I'm 5'7" and have a 16" GF is 5'5" and has a 14".

I can ride hers but it needs a very long seat post.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

16in, you're slap bang in the middle of the range for a 16in frame. 🙂

takisawa2

Had the same dilemma before getting an Inbred recently. I'm about 5'8 1/2" & am convinced I should have had an 18". I seem to be running a lot of seat-post, & (to me) it feels cramped even with a 90mm stem on.
    Going to try my mates 18", but I'm erring towards swapping it.
    A small (16" ?), Cotic Soul was too small also, despite 5'8" being the upper end of its range.

grumm
    Free Member

I built up a 14" 456 Summer Season "for my girlfriend" 😉

I can ride it with a 400mm seatpost but only just. I am a shade under 5'8. I was planning to use it for jumpy stuff so for general usage I reckon a 16" would be perfect.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

My Hubby is about 5'8" and I'm about 5'4" – I've got a 14" which he's had a go on – his 16" fits him much better.

carlphillips
    Free Member

MOST DEFFO YOU NEED A 16" IMO

damn caps lock…soz.

mbs2010
    Free Member

I have two 16s and a 14, the 14 belongs to Mrs mbs and is definitely on the small side for me.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

takisawa – That green one looks perfectly set up to me, try a layback seat post, but you must like a long, low position, which isn't really what a 456 is about….. 🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

takisawa are you sure youre 5'8"?! I am 5'10 and after a what-size-456 thread got a 16" frame. I seem to have less seatpost showing than you and have a similar length stem (well, 80mm).

5'8 is slap bang in the middle of the size range for a 16", 5'10" is at the top end. I like small bikes (I am at the top end of my medium Nomad) but I would have thought an 18" would have been way too big for 5'8".

This is my set up for visual comparison with takisawas (hawked in a few threads but for good reason!)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘5'8… what size 456?’ is closed to new replies.