Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 50mm+ rise 750mm+ width handlebar?
  • davosaurusrex

Couple of slipped discs means I have to run the bars higher than I’d like, I’ve currently got 40mm of spacers under the stem and am running 38mm rise Nukeproofs which are about 750 wide. I’m thinking going higher on the bars would allow me to reduce the spacer height which will hopefully cut down on flex a bit as well as looking a bit better. High rise bars aren’t what the cool kids are running these days so quality bars like these seem to be in short supply, any recommendations? Cheers now.

stuey
    Free Member
    passtherizla
    Free Member
    tomaso
    Free Member

UK Bike store have these Shimano Pro Atherton DH Riser Bar 31.8mm with a 50mm rise and 745mm width

davosaurusrex

This might (ok, does) make me a vain snob but I like my Thomson on my 5 spot and can’t bring myself to put a cheap stem on it.

Cheers for the Pro suggestions, I had already spotted that one, seems to be the current favourite, any others?

davosaurusrex

Bump for the evening crowd

balfa
    Free Member

Have a look at some of the bars designed for trials e.g. on tartybikes.co.uk

Trial tech do 730mm & 103mm and a 740mm & 88mm

Try-All Elite Riser is 755mm and 93mm

davosaurusrex

Nice one, will take a look

passtherizla
    Free Member
    mattjevans
    Free Member

Answer Protaper 720 expert in 50mm rise – I use this, with a Hope 50mm 25 degree rise stem, and 25mm of spacers, for a similar reason as you.

I know you wanted 750 but unless you have really wide shoulders, bringing your hands in a big also helps get a bit more upright and 720 is still a decently wide bar

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of the Pro Taper bars. I run them on both my bikes, although I use the 780 dh version, but that won’t come in a high enough rise.

They are a nice shale though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘50mm+ rise 750mm+ width handlebar?’ is closed to new replies.