Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 4X – tell me more
  • spanners
    Free Member

I'm moving to some where with a new 4X track. Looks fun. Is it just BMX for grown ups. Tell me more and recommend me a bike but not expensive one – just one for a novice – I've raced enduro and MX on motorcycles but never done pedalling races.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

just because your moving to somewhere that has 4x dosent mean you have to stop with xc or what ever else you do 🙂 don't get a new bike for it, i live in an area thats got a amazing pump track but i still go all over

pinches
    Free Member

4x bit like supercross motorbikes/bmx racing but on MTBs, named 4X because there's 4 riders in the gate. Typical course has mostly pump sections, berms, big tables although most of the jumps are "rollable" (chicksands as an example, where there's a 20 odd foot triple jump but you can pump over if you can't make the jump itself)

Bikes are mostly small sized hardtails, or 3-4" FS bikes.

I'm potentially selling the frame and some bits off this for a very reasonable price…..

.duncan
    Free Member

4x tracks are doable on most bikes and you really only need a dedicated 4x bike if you intend to race the tracks.

if you do want a 4x bike though, 4" fork + dialled holeshot / charge blender / spank puff / last rufus / yeti dj / giant stp + AM style wheelset, short stem, wide bars chain device etc is what most people use.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘4X – tell me more’ is closed to new replies.