Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • 42mph in a 30…what will the fine/points be?
  • robbo1234biking

I sure a lot of you will be quick to be disgusted and put me down and I was in the wrong but what are the likely points and fine for the above?

Cheers!

uplink
    Free Member

fixed penalty – £60? & 3 points

iDave
    Free Member

£60, 3 points and spit roasting on here

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I got 3 points and £60 fine for 41 in a 30, about 5 years ago though so may have gone up.

Google “SP30”

snaps
    Free Member

Car or MTB?
    Car SP30 3 points + fine
    MTB – respect 😉

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Might get 60 quid and a speed awareness course, meaning no points

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Nice to know something is inflation-proof.

allthepies
    Free Member

I’d like to think you’ll get more than 3 points but unfortunately you probably won’t.

Why were you speeding BTW ?

robbo1234biking

I can tick the box for the speed awareness course and see if they will let me on it but there usual boundary is 39mph – not sure if a first offence is given more leniency or not? Ive only got the NIP at the moment so will have to send that back and see where it goes from there

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

What you get castigated for is whinging about being caught. Extra hot roasting for claiming its a stealth tax

Was it cops? If they say fixed penalty then as above – £60 and 3 pts.

robbo1234biking

Why were you speeding BTW ?

Coming into a 30 from NSL and didnt slow down quick enough – the police van was about 100m back from the speed limit sign. Road I drive every day so a touch of cockiness no doubt.

allthepies
    Free Member

Ah, I see – harsh one then.

trailmonkey

Extra hot roasting for claiming its a stealth tax

You’ve got that wrong TJ. Use damp wood for a slow and painful burn for a Mailism like that.

uplink
    Free Member

Examine the the NIP carefully – you may be able to find a technical error in it somewhere & have if declared null & void

Right, that’s my Saturday evening entertainment sorted, can you all wait till I’ve got a beer & are sitting down again? 😆

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Blame the wife? and yes you deserve it for speeding in a 30mph area sorry and don’t do it again!

If you’re on your roadbike then I quit.

intode_void
    Free Member

I got done for 43 in a 30 in Oct ’08, disputed the ticket as the 30mph sign was 250m outside the 1st house in the village, it didn’t work and I got another summons threatening me with additional charges if I went to court, so I did…and got humped with £450 and 6 points for non disclosure of driver details. Justice done? Not quite, I challenged that ruling (after paying the fine to avoid further legal issues) and I’ve just won as the 2nd judge ruled that the positioning of the sign contravened the Homeoffice guidelines (No street lights, no raised curbs etc) so I could reasonably presume that this part of the road was still a 60mph zone. Of course its entirely up to you but nothing is ever cut and dried and if you have reasonable grounds to challenge the road signage then there are numerous legal precedents.

robbo1234biking

Examine the the NIP carefully – you may be able to find a technical error in it somewhere & have if declared null & void

Ive got a couple of things that im sure i could stall them on etc etc to get it thrown out- not notifying within 14 days, not positioning the camera in a accident prone area etc etc but I WAS IN THE WRONG and trying to get out of it on a admin technicality is in my opinion morally wrong as well

yunki
    Free Member

hopefully you will be dry-bummed by hulk hogan..

uplink
    Free Member

but I WAS IN THE WRONG and trying to get out of it on a admin technicality is in my opinion morally wrong as well

That sort of reply really isn’t going to keep this going for too long – still time to edit it 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Wasn’t Hulk Hogan a steroid freak? Surely there is someone better to dish out that sort of punsihment? Geoff Capes?

robbo1234biking

That sort of reply really isn’t going to keep this going for too long – still time to edit it

Sorry! Would it be better to keep it going for some saturday entertainment!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Dont know but I got caught doing 75 in a 50 with an MOT which expired a week earlier. Court hearing on Tuesday. How bad will that be….?

RealMan
    Free Member

Depends mcmoonter, did they find the corpse in the trunk as well?

uplink
    Free Member

Dont know but I got caught doing 75 in a 50 with an MOT which expired a week earlier. Court hearing on Tuesday. How bad will that be….?

£150 – 4 points

mcmoonter
    Free Member

How many points for a corpse?

I pled guilty to the charges but the PFs office said it would be worthwhile going to court to respect the gravity of the case. I renewed my MOT next day. Doubt that will make any difference.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I hate speeding fines! They’re a stupid tax on a victimless crime.

I see many people who are capable of driving a little faster. And I see awful drivers duffing along at lower than the limit and having no control of their cars.

Speed as a metric is not a good predictor of driving skill.

Tbh, if there was a technicality you could use – then do it!

RealMan
    Free Member

That sort of reply really isn’t going to keep this going for too long

How about that one then? 😀

I hate speeding fines! They’re a stupid tax on a victimless crime.

I see many people who are capable of driving a little faster. And I see awful drivers duffing along at lower than the limit and having no control of their cars.

Tbh, if there was a technicality you could use – then do it!

anotherstan
    Free Member

allthepies – Member
    Ah, I see – harsh one then.

unbelievable 🙄

yunki
    Free Member

Wasn’t Hulk Hogan a steroid freak? Surely there is someone better to dish out that sort of punsihment? Geoff Capes?

where’s Giant Haystacks and Big Daddy when you need them most..?

molgrips
    Free Member

You don’t get any grief from me if you admit you did wrong, which you did 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

It is however a great metric of the consequences of an accident.

uplink
    Free Member

where’s Giant Haystacks and Big Daddy when you need them most..?

Dead?

CountZero

Stocks and rotten tomatoes.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Molgrips – how can speed be a metric of the consequences of an accident?

Broken ribs and dented wings aren’t measured in mph?

But it isn’t a good metric of driving skill. If I go 90 on an empty motorway in a well serviced car, sober and untired. Am I more likely to cause an accident then a dozy driver in a pile of junk not paying attention but going 29 in a 30 limit.

I appreciate moral highground is measured in mph by some so there’s little point in me offering an alternate point of view.

singletrackmind

3 points and £60 fine. I know as i got done for exactly the same about 1 month ago.
    I even made the local paper in ” Police crack down on boy racers” article.
    41 year old in 100bhp Passat Diesel estate at 10pm . Hardly a boy racer, still makes the stats look better to the local busybodies

aracer
    Free Member

I hate speeding fines! They’re a stupid tax

You should have just stopped there.

Keva
    Free Member

got one for 41 in a 30 through the post today… B4591 on my to Cwmcarn. Don’t even remember going through a camera or even seeing one flash… which kind of speaks for itself – What it’ll change about my driving is to make sure I spend more time looking out for cameras than I do the road in front. First ticket for about five or six years.

Kev

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What fine for looking like Big Daddy in a pair of bib shorts?

What fine for riding a SS without a Giant Haystack beard?

molgrips
    Free Member

What it’ll change about my driving is to make sure I spend more time looking out for cameras than I do the road in front

Why not learn to drive the speed limit? Serious question.

Molgrips – how can speed be a metric of the consequences of an accident

Kinetic energy is related to speed. Hit a wall at 10mph, scratched bumper. Hit one at 70mph – death.

It’s also a metric of how fast you can stop. Kid runs out infront of you when you’re doing 30mph, you can stop. Same thing at 50mph – death.

Driving skill is a separate issue. Bad drivers are bad, good drivers are good but still make mistakes. If we keep our speed down as a matter of habit (or law) then we’ll all have more time to correct mistakes and avoid stuff happening.

Surprised I have to explain this tbh.

Keva
    Free Member

Surprised I have to explain this tbh.

You didn’t have to, you just took it upon yourself to do so then told us you had to. Patronising tbh.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘42mph in a 30…what will the fine/points be?’ is closed to new replies.