Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • 3 Peaks CX who's in?
  • richpips
    Free Member

As per title, who made the cut for the 3 peaks cyclo cross?

davetrave
    Free Member

Don’t know yet, still waiitng for the confirmatory email, fingers crossed…

GregMay
    Free Member

I’m in. Entries got sent out about 20mins ago.

paul78
    Free Member

I’m in 🙂

.. although currently with a cracked knee cap I need to heal fast and get quick again 🙂

yoda
    Free Member

I should be, I have a guaranteed entry for marshalling at Bradford way back in December.
    Edit: Just checked on phone, I’m in!

crazy-legs

Yep, just completed my entry, all paid.

davetrave
    Free Member

Change that to “yes, I’m in”. Yay! Oh… 😆

richpips
    Free Member

How many entries do they allow?

There are 782 on the list.

crazy-legs

500 I think. Plus a few reserves no doubt.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’m in!

BigTed
    Free Member

Just received the invite to enter…..

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Me too, best get some riding in. Can I be the first to ask……..what tyres?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Can any of the folk entering actually ride cx or is it a a mix of pros and mincers?

chipps

I don’t know Al. What does ‘actually ride cx’ mean? Ride with poise and grace? Get round the course without crashing? Ride better than you?

stever
    Free Member

I’ll be mincing. The 3P isn’t a cx race anyway, it’s a battleground. ‘C’est ne pas sport, c’est la guerre!’

chipps

I’ll be riding round and trying to get to the finish in one piece. See y’all there! My training will consist of a week of walking the show at Eurobike, followed by a week at Interbike – so not ideal…

crikey
    Free Member

I was a good cxer, but its 17 years since I did the peaks, so it could go horribly wrong…

qwerty
    Free Member

Next year, next year …………

dot
    Free Member

I’m in! 3rd year on the bounce. Looking to loose a good of last years slightly rubbish time.
    Now where’s me fell shoes.

richpips
    Free Member

Dot, me crazy-legs and some others are running on Sunday 15 miless 3600′.

Come along if you want (steadyish pace).

Edric64
    Free Member

Im not in ,bloody gutted as ive done thelast4

dot
    Free Member

Rich just read your post as I exited the co-op 🙂 will be up for any others you do.

aP
    Free Member

Me. Yay. Edric64 – bugger :o(

Rorschach
    Free Member

Giving a miss this time….I need more than a year to recover from last time 😐

Edric64
    Free Member

Can I be the first to ask……..what tyres?

Lancruisers ,never punctured in 4 attempts

boxelder

I’m in for a second ride. Landcruisers last time, but I’ve got hold of some Cindercross I’m going to test over some lakeland rocks. Now, how does this fell running thing work again…..

Surfr
    Free Member

I’m in! Just settled up the bill now. This will be my first time. The South Wales ‘cross league kindly provided a gap in their race schedule to allow for the 3 peaks so it seemed rude not to have a go.

I’ll be rolling on 35mm Speed Kings I think. Pondering upgrading my brakes to some Avid Shortys as I’m intending to ride as much as possible of the course.

Bigger question for me is what shoes for running/walking and riding? My current Shimano ones have seen better days and I’m in line for an upgrade.

GregMay
    Free Member

Can I be the first to ask……..what tyres?

35mm Tufo tubs. Sidewalls made of rihno hide, grip of a small scared kitten.

aP
    Free Member

I shall be riding Tufo 34s – worked ok last year, with a pair of 10 year aged Michelin Mud on my spare wheels. Hopefully I’ll be a bit fitter than alst year as well.

gazc
    Free Member

i’m in – just got my email this morning and fully entered with a mate. first time for the 3 peaks in my first year of riding cx looking forward to it on my jake the snake i’ve just built up to replace my ss cross check for cx and road duties. worried about punctures though my 35mm speed kings haven’t had the best track record…

crazy-legs

35mm Schwalbe Smart Sam’s for me. Used them the last few years with no problems and they’re low enough profile and light enough not to be too bad on road.

stever
    Free Member

Not to be a complete numptyhead, oh what the heck… what gears are folk using?

Last time I was on a borrowed bike, can’t remember the gear setup. I’ve a feeling it might have had some MTB stuff on – big cassette, little chainring, that let me ride a fair bit. Current 36×25 bottom gear seems a bit harsh, so thinking I’ll see what I can tweak without changing the mech. What’s your bottom like?

davetrave
    Free Member

34×27 – compact chainset and 12-27 cassette. If you read Dave Haygarth’s blogs on kit for 3PCX, he covers gearing quite a bit 3PCX gearing. In sum, go too low on the gearing and you’ll actually be going slower on the bike than if you were carrying…

Surfr
    Free Member

34×28 for me. 34/46 up front and an 11-28 out back. I’m hoping this will suffice.

stever
    Free Member

Might slip a 34 on the front, I think I have one knocking about to try. See if the mech copes with that and then think about a bigger cassette.

lunchbox
    Free Member

I’m in. First time. Yikes!
    48/34 and 11/34 is the plan.

GregMay
    Free Member

How we all set for the weekend? Looks like it’ll be a wet one!

crazy-legs

How we all set for the weekend? Looks like it’ll be a wet one!

Forecast on the day isn’t that bad but the ground there is pretty saturated.
    CX bike all set up although I’ve just this second discovered that, sitting in the kitchen unridden since the weekend, it’s got a bloody puncture! How the hell did that happen?!

aP
    Free Member

Rode LL2 last Sunday, just need to clean the dust off, lube the chain and readjust the front mech. Sprint wheels are ready to go, mud clinchers also ready and spares (just in case) need taking off erindoor’s bike.

ChrisE
    Free Member

So that’s another year of cars parked all along the road at the bottom of our track and cars racing down the road. Think I might have to drive our sheep down the Helwith-Austwick road at the appropriate time, very slowly……

seriously though, the fells round here are the wettest I have seen in ages. You have been warned!

C
    (get oorrfff my land, grumpy farmer..)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘3 Peaks CX who's in?’ is closed to new replies.