Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 29er vs 26 Inbred.
  • andycs

Want an On One Inbred not sure if I want a 29er, anyone out there got a the 29er, how do they compare?

ski
    Free Member

Ive got a 18" ss 29er & a 16" 853 Standard SS Inbred.

Both are great, but feel very different, the 29er being my choice for smooth undulating all day stuff and the standard 853 for more technical tighter demanding stuff.

Hard to compare fairly as the frame size will make a difference in my case.

If I had to pick one though at the moment, it would have to be the standard one, but the 29er is growing on me.

Where are you based Andy?, if you are based near Worcestershire and you are 5-9 ish, you are welcome to have a try for yourself.

ratadog

Have a 19.5inch scandal and a 20inch 456. As above, 29er is my choice for smoothish long rides and the 456 for trail centre/rougher stuff. If I had to settle for 1 I'd probably go for the 29er but that reflects the bulk of the riding I do and also my height as the 29er seems to make more sense the taller you go.

clubber
    Free Member

as the 29er seems to make more sense the taller you go.

Why?

ratadog

Tall blokes, long legs, long arms, bit more room for manoeuvre in sorting out optimum geometry for the bike and the rider e.g. not worried about a comparatively tall front end. Certainly, from a rider's perspective I feel more like I sit in the 29er and more like I perch over the wheels of the 26er. If you want an engineer's answer I am sure someone will be along shortly.

andycs

Bike will be built ridged and 9 speed to use for riding fairly smooth non tech trails with wife as well as general riding. I'm 5 11 so sounds like 29er would be good idea.

Edric64
    Free Member

26 v 29 er for tall people ,I can't see the 29er advantage I have the same seat height regardless of wheel size and the bottom bracket height won't be much different .Is it all marketing to make us buy yet another bike to go with all the other formats?

Edric64
    Free Member

I already have a 29er for off road it's called a cyclocross bike

bigsi
    Free Member

Edric 64 – Member
    26 v 29 er for tall people ,I can't see the 29er advantage I have the same seat height regardless of wheel size and the bottom bracket height won't be much different .Is it all marketing to make us buy yet another bike to go with all the other formats?

🙄

Its called giving people an alternative to the norm which they may prefer/feel more comfortable on.

oh and a cyclocross bike is not a 29er, its a cyclocross bike 😉

Edric64
    Free Member

cyclo cross bike has the same size wheels and is ridden offroad

Clink

cyclo cross bike has the same size wheels and is ridden offroad

True – but I doubt at the same speed over rough terrain. And the wheels/tyres etc wouldn't last as long.

Some people like 29ers, some don't. I doubt we all like the same cars. Just don't dis them for the sake of it; I might cry 😥

Edric64
    Free Member

Wheels and tyres have done the three peaks cyclo cross 4 years in a row

Clink

Brill 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘29er vs 26 Inbred.’ is closed to new replies.