Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 26.8 mm seatposts?
  • Garry_Lager

Having a clear out and uncovered a titec seatpost in the shed, a 26.8 mm. Been a while since I saw a frame with a 26.8 seat tube, is this basically obsolete, or are there still frames being specced to this diameter?

VanHalen

dmr i believe.

docrobster
    Free Member

I don’t know the answer to that question but I’ve got a 1994 frame that takes a 26.8 seatpost, I had to find a new one recently as the old one was bent, I managed to find only one decent post in that diameter, but I seem to recall there were a few BMX Pivotal posts available that size.
    I think it’s to do with thinner tubes nowadays. Seat tubes are the same external diameter (?28.6mm, inch and a quarter), but lighter, thinner tubes means that 27.2 is the standard rather than 26.8.
    I suppose some BMX bikes use thicker heavier tubes so need thinner posts

xiphon
    Free Member

My Orange hitman has this seatpost size…. which funnily enough, needs a seatpost. Let me know if you want it to go to a new home!

stevede
    Free Member

My mates Cove Stiffee has a frame with this size seat tube, also has a Thomson post for it, both are for sale as it happens….
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-cove-stiffee-frame-med-and-thomson-268mm-post
    Apologies for shameless plug!

ChrisL

Rocky Mountain were using this size until 2003 at least. They went to a more normal size a few years later but I can’t remember when, exactly.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

My Kona Jake the Snake has a 26.8mm post.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘26.8 mm seatposts?’ is closed to new replies.