Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 2.35 tyres agin…/rims
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

just asking for (asking sake)…. so i recently put 2.35 tyres on my mavic rims (size 317 rims)…. is this ok ?… my bike frame is 14 inch so im guessing i have smaller rims than your average size bike…. just that my son has 2.35 tyres but his rims are slightly bigger…. was just comparing to and to ‘look at’ both wheels = my tyres look alot bigger but they are’nt…
    only been out 3 times with my bigger tyres (fat alberts) and im finding it alot harder to pedal than the usual 2.25 kenda tyres i used to have…
    anyway i guess i,ll have stronger legs by next summer (lol) so does bigger tyres work with smaller rims or will i come up aginst any problems ? been out on a very long technical ride today and seemed ok….

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Putting fat tyres on narrow rims alledgedly makes them prone to rolling off the rim. I’ve had 2.5″ tyres on Mavic XC717’s before now with no problems.

2.35″ tyres on normal cross country (Mavic x17 rims etc) should be fine. They will just have quite a rounded profile. A wider rim would square them out a bit and make them wider but lower profile.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘2.35 tyres agin…/rims’ is closed to new replies.