Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • anagallis_arvensis

Ospreys v Ulster on telly box tonight should be a good game.

or maybe it’ll be a croc of shit.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Sale 16-10 Bath at half time.

Cipriani getting lauded by the pundits. Baths Fijian winger is having a stormer, both scrum half’s playing well.

anagallis_arvensis

Well played ulster. Irish players better than refs 😉

anagallis_arvensis

Bath lose, burn the witch.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Sale win, Cipriani gets man of the match. Henson tips up the ball with his first touch 🙂
    In all fairness Bath were muscled off the ball.

anagallis_arvensis

What do you mean by that? If you mean in the sale 22 it wasnt his first touch. I could see that on my dodgy internet feed. Obviously Cippers brilliance had blinded you.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Anywhere to see a replay of Sale Bath online ? I need a good shout at the tv about wasted talent and this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity …

Cirpiani can do what he likes but he’s blown his chances for England – Farrell has made the spot his own.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Cipriani wont play for England again, his time has gone. Youngsters like Ford are ahead of him.
    Henson didn’t get much time to play to be fair but it looked to me like his first touch, ball came to him and he was smothered and stripped. I thought he would be on earlier but Bath left it til it was too late.
    Happy with that result, thought we’d get stuffed to be honest.

surfer
    Free Member

Henson looked like Billy no mates during the warmup! One touch of the ball and as MD says he he had no chance.
    I thought we would struggle at the scrum certainly in the first half with Ostrikov and Kulemin on the bench but they did well.
    As well as Cipriani’s brilliant all round game his tackling was excellent tonight, there where lots of good performances. Solid and dogged defending and a good rolling maul.
    Patterson played well and took 10 minutes for the team! Great to see him prowling for the full 10 minutes pestering the official to get back on, dont think he sat down!!! It was good to see Tuitupu back to fitness a few trademark tackles from him!

anagallis_arvensis

Henson touched the ball at least twice, makes you look very one eyed. For a player who was only on for what six mins its funny how he gets so much comment!
    Bath backrow are a bit lightweight and lineout doesnt seem to work well. Ford is good but lacks control at times, also Eastmond doesnt seem to track him. Joeseph and Eastmond are also too similar and a but lighweight. Having Banahanahanahan one the other wing to the excellent Rokoduguni and launching them down the middle would help rather than rely on a miricle break from Ford or having him take it to the line with no one on his shoulder.

Pigface
    Free Member

Dwarf when have you ever been fair concerning Henson?

Frankers
    Free Member

It’s going to be a tough game at Welford road today, want Leicester to win but Northampton will be looking for revenge after final in May

sputnik
    Free Member

Speaking of tough games, Springboks v All Blacks @ 16:00
    Got sweaty palms already . Championship decider, Boks need 4 tries and 7 point lead which I can’t see happening.
    However, I do think they will win the game,home advantage at Ellis Park and Welsh referee and the wanting to get even after the last game that was ruined by the poxy French excuse of a referee.

surfer
    Free Member

Henson touched the ball at least twice, makes you look very one eyed. For a player who was only on for what six mins its funny how he gets so much comment!

Hang on a minute AA I think its you who is being “one eyed” I made comment about Henson because he is such an influential character. I wasnt making a criticism of him. Unlike many I am a big fan and would really love to see him do well. I was in the South stand and whilst he came out with the rest of the subs to warm up he was clearly not “with” them. They were passing the ball amongst each other and he looked a bit like the kid who nobody would pass to. OK so he touched the ball “twice” 🙄 you are right 6 minutes is not enough for him to make much impact but it was telling that when he got the ball he was swamped such is the danger. It was squeaky bum time and we all knew one touch may have been enough 😯

Pigface
    Free Member

Sputnik I think karma has been restored for the Boks after the daft card Australia got for the Bok jumping into/over a tackle.

Will be a huge game, go Blacks.

anagallis_arvensis

Henson is, was and always will be a loner but dont confuse that with not being a team player when the whistle blows.
    It was very predictable that Henson would get singled out which was why I posted “Bath lose, burn the witch”. Sure enough two people pop up and talk about his one touch when he had two as always criticsed for what people percieve than what is true.

He may not be the player he was but in that “two tackles, one kick” game he was the only welsh player who had the self belief and arrogance to expect a win and the skill to change the game. Alfie may had been a “team player” and true “rugby man” but it was Henson who gave the team belief. Without that win where would wales be now?

surfer
    Free Member

dont confuse that with not being a team player when the whistle blows.

I dont 🙄 it did stand out to me that he seemed seperate from the others when they were warming up that was all. I didnt infer anything else from it with regard to his teamwork. Step back a bit AA as I said I am a Henson fan and stop going on about the 1 touch 2 touch thing thats not really important as I said above. I am certainly not singling him out (other than him being one of the most talented players around)
    as a Sale fan I have to be grateful that they didnt play him earlier!

anagallis_arvensis

stop going on about the 1 touch 2 touch thing thats not really important

well it is, if you say something about his one touch when he had two, its at best lazy analysis.

surfer
    Free Member

Well I was in the stand and not in my armchair so sometimes you actually miss stuff. You are clearly looking for a opportunity to argue with a Henson critic and you cant find one so you are focusing on trivia. I will wear my hair shirt for the rest of the day AA for making a flippant and poorly observed comment whilst you keep a sharp lookout. 🙄

Tom-B
    Free Member

Haha pwnage!

wrecker
    Free Member

Roko was 66/1 for top tryscorer at the start of the season. I really wish I’d chucked a £20 at it. He’s a hell of a find (picked up due to his performance in the army v navy game). Brizzle have also just signed a squaddie called Sam speight. He looks good too.

piha
    Free Member

Amazing game so far, both teams playing great rugby but I’m thinking All Blacks will edge ahead in the final quarter.

anagallis_arvensis

Anywhere to see a replay of Sale Bath online ? I need a good shout at the tv about wasted talent and this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity …

aviva premiership site should have it up in a few days.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Is there a replay of SA v AB anywhere?

surfer
    Free Member

Schools out 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nice win for Munster this evening.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@teamhurtmore – you can usually find them on YouTube, I watched a couple of Lions pre-test tour matches that way, good excuse to link computer / phone to tv !

This fellow seems to be putting them up but there are others linky

jambalaya
    Free Member

@aa thanks

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Cheers jambalaya 😉

anagallis_arvensis

Schools out 

did you reach the number two yet? 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

@teamhurtmore here you go (I’m watching Toulon Clermont but will queue this up later !)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qktn-g6P4qk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUpqdSLHXz6u9QPWflAbhyPw[/video]

ocrider

That game ^^^ MUST be watched.

It is the most intense match that I have ever seen.

Tricone
    Free Member

Seconded!!!!!

Rugby at its most exciting and dramatic.

mikey3
    Free Member

Watched the S.A.- KIWI game yesterday,what a match but I couldn’t help wondering how could we(i’m welsh,so I mean Wales) ever compete with these two teams when they are capable of such intense rugby.But atleast we have the best ref in the world :-).

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sorry Jambalaya – missed that earlier, but caught the match this morning. Agree with ^^ – will any of the N Hemisphere teams ever play like that!???

Ref-ed very well indeed.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@mikey – it’s all about pressure, NZ barely squeezed past France in the last RWC. Personally I think Wales would have won that final.

anagallis_arvensis

I dont believe wales will beat NZ in my lifetime, even via dreamt up what if scenarios

Pigface
    Free Member

Glaws beaten up by Exeter which has caused a lot of gnashing of teeth with a mate of mine 😆

Watched the All Black game and 😯 is that the best game of rugby ever played? The only issue I had was the Boks defence seemed to go missing for two of the All Black tries. Lots of people also saying how good Nigel Owens was as the ref. Echos whats written above.

I know rugby is the predominant sport in New Zealand and is a religion to them, but how do they keep finding players who are so good. Historically they have been labelled chokers but that side on the weekend were just amazing.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Sale beat Biarritz 33-10, two penalty tries and one proper one.

Either Biarritz are really bad up front or Sale have suddenly found a pack from somewhere!

anagallis_arvensis

I think Biaritz dont give a shit! Bit like Bath who have Henson at 15 he’s far too slow for 15 when run at.

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.