• This topic has 10 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by gee.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 2012 Saddle Skedaddle Spring Series 2- Good first Race?
  • gaberin
    Free Member

Thinking about doing this race this weekend, i have never done a mtb race before, but have done circuit races.

I am 16, which category would i be in? i have a race license.

Would this be a good first race? How tough is it, should i wait until the one after, to build up some fitness?

Cheers

njee20
    Free Member

Good events, at 16 you’ll be a Junior, there is no junior race, so you can do fun, open, sport, or expert/elite depending on how good you think you’ll be. Open’s a safe bet.

Course won’t be particularly technical, c25 minute laps, so Open will be about 1hr 15.

singletrackmind

Normally quality courses with singletrack interspaced with fireroad .
    If its your first MTB race ever do a very slow , steady recce lap first.
    15 mins before start warm up , and 5 mins before get to start line .
    Then up to you if you feel good then go balls out and hope .
    The pace of the front runners will probably surrise you .
    Be aware of who is around you , and tell people which side you will be passing on .

gaberin
    Free Member

I think I will do this race then, Does anyone know how many miles it is likely to be?

njee20
    Free Member

Be about 4-5 miles a lap.

gaberin
    Free Member

I have just found the category list, and it says youth race 15-16 years, would I not be in this race?
    My birthday is in February..

offthebrakes
    Free Member

If you will still be 16 on 31st December 2012, then you are eligible for Youth in the 2012 Spring series.

gee
    Free Member

The course is in fantastic shape at the moment. It will be a brilliant weekend for your first race.

gaberin
    Free Member

Would I be allowed to race in the open mens category… Incase I don’t get there in time, as the youth race is first.

gaberin
    Free Member

Should I race on a hard tail or full sus?

gee
    Free Member

Race in whichever bike is more suited to it. Depends what the hardtail and full sus are.

You need to check the age for open on the Gorrick website.

GB

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘2012 Saddle Skedaddle Spring Series 2- Good first Race?’ is closed to new replies.