Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • 2012 London mascots
  • Burts
    Free Member
    Zoolander
    Free Member

Judging by the rainbow they're out aswell.

Hairychested
    Free Member

They coud/shoul've gone for this:

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Is Mandeville exposing himself?

juan
    Free Member

The SO just asked me if they were bottle openers?

millzy
    Free Member

i wonder how many millions it cost to come up with these things!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

They are a distinct improvement of the usual fluffy shite they roll out and hopefully they will engage with kids (who are their primary market) – they are very similar in characterisation as many recent animated films/tv series so I think they will work.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Better with Cameron and Clegg? Oh sorry —– it is Cameron and Clegg!

coffeeking
    Free Member

They are a distinct improvement of the usual fluffy shite they roll out

How so?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Why has the sperm on the right got a reinforced gusset?

clubber
    Free Member

They look alright to me in as much as what their purpose is – eg for kids.

Better than the main logo at least which once someone pointed out that it's a female giving a male some form of pleasure, I can't see it as anything else 😉

Coyote
    Free Member

Better than the main logo at least which once someone pointed out that it's a female giving a male some form of pleasure, I can't see it as anything else

The popular view is Lisa Simpson delivering said service. Now with the aliens, it makes one wonder if Krusty will be somehow involved in the entertainment with Kent Brockman delivering news updates.

enduro-aid
    Free Member

I actually quite like them, I think they are modern and pretty stylish people need to stop living in the past with all this talk of "we should have a lion as our mascot"

up against that logo they are a triumph of design

coffeeking
    Free Member

Not exactly sure they're a triumph of design. They just look like someone lobbed some clay onto a board and drew an eye on to me, but they're fun and fairly abstract in nature which is nice.

nickc

I like them. My kids think they're cool. But then I quite like the logo so what do I know

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

How so?

Because they feel contemporary, they reflect characterisations in animations such as Monsters Inc. – a hugely popular film with kids who, as the brief required, the characters should engage with.

coffeeking
    Free Member

They're a bit pear shaped and they have a physical link to cars (taxi light?! WTH), they have a camera on everything and are always recording. Certainly contemporary, kids of today should have an affinity 😆 .

Of course they are cute, non-aggressive and non-descript in nature so they'll appeal to kids, which is the point and a good thing.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I like them. Different and not what would be expected the Lions thing again or an animated Houses of Parliament.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

[dons tin foil hat]

those 'eyes' are a bit panopticon for me

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I 100% agree that it is a good thing we moved away from anything to do with lions or bulldogs or anything else stereotypically British.

I also love the 2012 brand – the logo itself is only part of the brand and overall I think it is exciting, vibrant, fun and energetic.
    The brand in action

chakaping
    Free Member

We're a nation of dog lovers, so why didn't they just go for a sporty cartoon dog FFS?

I'd have drawn them one for £250k, and done them some pie charts too.

kimbers

i think they are avery cunning marketing ploy

series of kids books too, probably a cartoon

look liek a cross between pokemon and teltubbies

which sounds like $$$$$$$$$$ for the money hungry olympics and the sponsors….
    coke
    macdonalds
    BP
    GE
    nestle
    visa

its a list of some of the evilist corporations in the world

its all about money, not sport

coffeeking
    Free Member

We're a nation of dog lovers, so why didn't they just go for a sporty cartoon dog FFS?

There are pretty much equal numbers of domestic cats as there are domestic dogs in the UK (around 10.5 million) – I'd have preferred a cat.

its all about money, not sport

Aye, but without the money the sport wouldn't happen either. Do you think the olympics of anchient greek times were not about money either?

myheadsashed

MUMMY THE 'ONE EYED MONSTER' FRIGHTS ME 😯

RoterStern
    Free Member

Teenage Mutant Ninja Teletubbies!

trailmonkey

I think they're cool. I like the logo too.

satsoma
    Free Member

I really like them, when you read the article it explains how they're for kids and how they're going to tie in with education in schools.

Better than the suggestion of "big ben with arms and legs"!

grumm
    Free Member

mf – is there a brand/logo for a big project/company that you think is rubbish?

AndyRT
    Free Member

they look like a doctor who monster!

What does this say about the mascots or Doctor Who?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

mf – is there a brand/logo for a big project/company that you think is rubbish?

Many.

Microsoft
    Bernard Mathews
    Most cosmetic brands
    BT

Most others I am apathetic about but I think I 'get' the London 2012 brand.

And the other stand-out brand for me is BBC

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sorry…..really…..but….

🙂

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘2012 London mascots’ is closed to new replies.