Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone got 2011 Fox fork Kashima stanchion wear?
  • bennyboy1
    Free Member

Just a post to see how many people on here have suffered any wear on their 2011 Fox forks with Kashima stanchions (not interested in pre 2011 Fox forks – sorry!).

When your 2011 forks have been diagnosed with worn Kashima stanchions what has been the diagnosis out of interest – tight bushes, lack of servicing, dry foam rings, lack of lower leg oil etc?

Thanks in advance.

njee20
    Free Member

So they’re not any more durable then!? Quality!

bennyboy1
    Free Member

Njee20 – that’s what I’m attempting to discover. One of the guys I ride with has some worn 2011 TALAS forks and I’ve seen the odd mention on here but wasn’t too sure how widespread it is. It will indeed be abit embarrasing for Fox if the Kashima is wearing within a year’s worth of use… :-O

wrecker
    Free Member

No problems with mine.

grum
    Free Member

njee20 – Member
    So they’re not any more durable then!? Quality!

Based on the overwhelming evidence in this thread, that certainly seems to be true. 🙄

FuzzyWuzzy

No problems with mine either, I got mine on one of early shipments last year and haven’t serviced them yet but no sign of stanchion wear that I can see (non-TALAS though)…

weeble
    Free Member

No problems on either of my forks, keep em nice and clean though

br
    Free Member

It will indeed be abit embarrasing for Fox if the Kashima is wearing within a year’s worth of use… :-O

Why, if they’re not embarrased by 15 hour service intervals I can’t imagine that anything would…

goatster
    Free Member

POI. Kashima is not or claimed to be more durable than a non kashima coated fork. It is purely a slippier coating to make the fork/shock plusher.

Mine where worn within 12months and replaced by Mojo under warranty. They had been serviced at least every 6 weeks by myself or another Mojo trained and approved mechanic.
    His also had wear on then at 12 months and where replaced. Other customers have had the same.

Result, we all use RS lyriks now.

T

neninja
    Free Member

Got a set of 2011 Kashima Talas that touch wood seem to be ok. Get sprayed with fork juice occasionally and I’ve had the lowers off and done a basic seal service a couple of times.

That’s with regular year round use since I got them in all weathers and on some very abrasive muddy/gritty trails.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got 2011 Fox fork Kashima stanchion wear?’ is closed to new replies.