Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 2006 Mount Vision – rear swingarm needed
  • ps44
    Free Member

So the old girl has broken a back leg today. Is there any chance of getting parts ?
    Or is it finally time to lay her to rest 😥

rickmeister

If your the original owner its a warranty item. I had a rear drop out crack and it was replaced…. Worth a try….

z1ppy

Muddydwarf IIRC managed to get one from of ATB (paid for), but TBH the value of these frames is so low, if you do like it so much you want another, just a complete frame off eBay.
    (Mines in my loft, as I’d rather keep it than sell it for bugger all)

This all assumes you have no warranty, but then I believe Marin had removed their lifetime warranty by 2006… (probably as ppl like me had had 2.5 frames off them thanks to it…)

rickmeister

Zippy, I sold the Alpine Link and Swing arm off mine then the main frame went out with the bottles and bean tins in recycling… the welds had cracked around the upper shock mont as well…

ebay may well be your friend…

ps44
    Free Member

It was a warranty replacement in 2006 for an earlier one which broke, but the terms had changed to something like a 20% per year drop in value if replaced again, so zilch by now. Won’t hurt to ask, and I’ve been trawling ebay, but I think the outcome is going to be expensive.

ps44
    Free Member

Bump.
    In true cash-in-the-attic style, just done a deal with Zippy and she’s out on the trails again. Many thanks Paul !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘2006 Mount Vision – rear swingarm needed’ is closed to new replies.