Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 1×10 Orange Five Chain Device
  • curvature
    Free Member

Just about to take the path of 1×10 with my Five.

Can anyone advise on a good chain device?

Looked at Superstar and they seem good value to try out and get good reviews in MBR but is it really worth spending £100 on other makes? You can get an XTR front mech for less!

btw it is a 2011 bike with the ISG mounts.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

The Superstars do seem really good. I’ve been running an MRP Mini-G2 for a year now – quiet, not dropped the chain once. Superb bit of kit. Billys had them on offer a while back – not sure if they still do…

robsoctane
    Free Member

I run a Superstar 1×9 with no problems. Don’t buy white though… big mistake!!!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

My Mrs got a superstar one about 12 months ago, when they were half the price they are now, on some offer, as she smashed up a Gamut one on her DH bike, and needed something cheap and quick.

It’s ok, you can see its a lot cheaper than the others, for 25 quid she couldn’t complain, for 55 I would be looking for a decent second hand one.

I’ve got an LG1+ I’m running 1×10 on mine, no complaints.

curvature
    Free Member

Cheers StuE they look like a good buy, I’ll get one ordered later today!

jam-bo

E13 xcx, fitted in about 20 mins. Dead simple and hasn’t dropped the chain yet on a 2006 five.

Superstar was shite and a complete waste of £20

Jeffus
    Free Member

E-13 srs for two years no problems started out 1×9 now 1×10 for 8 months no problems

el_diablo
    Free Member

+1 for what StuE recommended, I’ve just fitted one to my Orange Blood, went on easy and works a treat! Just be careful when you unbolt it prior to fitting,as they tend to fly apart if you don’t release the spring first!

superlukey
    Free Member

Hi. StuE or el_diablo, do you know if the Sunline V1 (37t) would work with 32t chainring? Looks like a cracking buy!

el_diablo
    Free Member

Mine’s running a 34t and I think the top guide will still drop a little, I’ll check tonight when I get home! I’ll also check if it’ll clear the bottom of the swing arm/pivot on my Five as the Blood is totally different!

el_diablo
    Free Member

Right, looking at it, the top guide will definitely drop down to a 32t chainring, however, I’m not convinced the top of the device will clear the bottom of the swing arm. I’d offer to take it off my Blood and try it on the 5, but i’ve no ISCG tabs on my 5 so it would mean taking the bb out and installing the ISCG tab spacer and I really haven’t got time to do it tonight. Sorry.

boxxer7
    Free Member

Im running an MRP mini G2 steel its about £70 and so far seems really good, still light too.

Dave.

StuE
    Free Member

Works fine with 32t ring

superlukey
    Free Member

Thanks StuE /el_diablo for checking it out. Really appreciated. I’ve ordered one today!

curvature
    Free Member

In the end I got an LG1+ off Ebay.

Brand new for silly money, lets just hope it turns up and is as described!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘1×10 Orange Five Chain Device’ is closed to new replies.