• This topic has 21 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by duir.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • 18" Orange Five – Ok for 6ft Rider?
  • ryanw
    Free Member

Quick question…

I’m 6ft, 32″ inside leg, 14 stone.

Would an 18″ 2011 Orange Five be a good fit for me?

Cheers,

Ryan

flow
    Free Member

Yep, will be perfect.

I’m 5’11” with a 33″ inside leg and an 18″ fit fine.

If you are buying new I would go for the 17″ though.

16″ will be way to small.

ryanw
    Free Member

Why would you suggest I opt for a 17″ frame?

Regardless, glad the 18″ will fit!

Cheers

erny
    Free Member

Just under 6’2″ and ride a 20″,most orange dealers will be able to get you a test bike of the size you want.

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

6’1″ and i ride an 18″, fits perfectly

hora
    Free Member

6ft2 and I had a 18inch and even on that I found it quite long compared to the stats on their site.

20inch????? Blimey!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’m 6’2″ and I had an 18″. I wouldn’t want any smaller though.

The 20″ was like a 5 bar gate in comparison.

dflynn
    Free Member

yes will be fine

balfa
    Free Member

Just under 6’2″ and ride a 20″,most orange dealers will be able to get you a test bike of the size you want.

Is that still true? I enquired in a dealer today and they couldn’t even get a 20″ to sit on far less demo!

hora
    Free Member

Why the ’14stone’ bit? GSOH too?

elaineanne
    Free Member

i guess ‘Flow’ has ‘flown away’….. yep c,mon flow what are your reasons for suggesting 18 will ‘fit fine’, but buying a new one you should opt for the 17 inch….
    we’re waiting……. 😕 :mrgreen:

erny
    Free Member

Biketreks got me a 20″ to test no problem,it was a year and a half ago though..

flow
    Free Member

Why would you suggest I opt for a 17″ frame?

Because it has the same effective top tube length as the 18″ but an extra inch standover. As your inside leg is 1 inch shorter than mine, a 17″ would be more suitable.

I sold my 2011 18″ to buy a 2012 17″, it fits much better, but if they hadn’t brought out the 17″ I wouldn’t have been fussed. Like I said a 16″ is way to small.

ryanw
    Free Member

I also like long walks on the beach and fine dining……. 😉

Haha

elaineanne
    Free Member

yikes i hope orange dont start doing half sizes now with all these measurements changing….”helo could i have a 17 and a half inch bike please” … 😉

hora
    Free Member

😆

ask1974
    Free Member

I’m 6′ and have a 31″ inside leg and my 5 feels pretty spot on. Suggest you try both, a 17″ might be fine but I suspect an 18″ might be better, haven’t tried it but not sure how much further i’d want to extend my seat post. Maybe that doesn’t matter but sure as hell looks odd.

Monkey
    Free Member

I’d definitely test one first. I’m 6′ and bought a second hand 18. I always thought the 20 may have been a better fit.

elaineanne
    Free Member

lol demo thats all you can do…DEMO 😉 everyones torso is different 😉

Frankers
    Free Member

I’m exactly the same height and leg size as you and found the 18″ too short in the top tube.

duir
    Free Member

I am 6′, 14.2 stone and 34″ inside leg. I had a demo on an 18″ 5 last year (took for a day in the hills of Aberdeenshire) and found it too short even with a 70mm stem. When sitting on the frame in the shop and during the car park test it felt ok but out on the trail it felt all wrong on the descents. I found it threw my weight too far forward so it was hard to be very aggressive as it was constantly out of balance. The 20″ just looked massive so I didn’t buy a 5 in the end and was left thinking that orange need to make a 19″ frame.

Definitely demo before you buy.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘18" Orange Five – Ok for 6ft Rider?’ is closed to new replies.