Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 1,032 total)
  • "1,400 children were subjected to "appalling" sexual exploitation in Rotherham"
  • binners

I hope what comes out of this is a police investigation conducted by another force and a significant number of convictions.

And I’m sure that’ll happen! Yeah… right! Absolutely no chance! Are you really that naive? Seriously?

There won’t be a single conviction on the back of this. FFS!!!! There were 3 investigations into this already. All either suppressed or ignored! Because thats what suited them. And their interests trump the safety and welfare of those girls by some significant degree!

The people responsible don’t even consider it a matter serious enough for them to resign from their cushy, well-paid jobs. Nobody will even be sacked! Well… maybe some poor sacrificial lamb lower down the food chain

And if you think otherwise, then you’re living in cloud cuckoo-land

Have you somehow missed how the establishment in this country works?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

And I’m sure that’ll happen! Yeah… right! Absolutely no chance! There won’t be a single conviction on the back of this. FFS!!!! There were 3 investigations already. All either suppressed or ignored! The people responsible don’t even consider it a matter serious enough for them to resign from their cushy, well-paid jobs. Nobody will even be sacked! Well… maybe some poor sacrificial lamb lower down the food chain

And if you think otherwise, then you’re living in cloud cuckoo-land

Have you somehow how missed how the establishment in this country works?

Yup, it has somewhat less to do with actually caring about “racism” and much more to do with being corrupt, self serving cock wombles.

grum
    Free Member

Meaning ? I am totally lost. I see not one thing from @binnner’s post that would lead to the police and social services ignoring this.

Plenty of posts on here denigrating chavs, pikeys, scum, pond-life, underclass etc etc – untermensch anyone?

Let’s see, a pretty blond girl with middle class parents goes missing and there is a massive worldwide outcry and media hysteria. Meanwhile dozens of kids from less salubrious backgrounds go missing and no-one gives a shit.

Cougar

Plenty of chav hate on here.

That’s a charged statement, all right.

There’s a world of difference between wanting the ASBO types who are supplementing their benefits with criminal activity to be helped / prosecuted accordingly, and thinking that it’s perfectly acceptable for those people to be rounded up and systematically raped as soon as they hit puberty because they deserve it.

At least, I always thought there was. Maybe not in some people’s eyes. Which, I guess, is the crux of the problem.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@binners I would hope the Jimmy Saville investigations would give you some more faith in the possible responce.

@grum, thanks understood now. To be fair any child abduction is a major news story.

Lifer
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

@grum, thanks understood now. To be fair any child abduction is a major news story.

Patently rubbish.

digga
    Free Member

binners – Member
    The people responsible don’t even consider it a matter serious enough for them to resign from their cushy, well-paid jobs. Nobody will even be sacked! Well… maybe some poor sacrificial lamb lower down the food chain

Sadly, too true. They are, to use the phrase that Nassim Nicholas Taleb coined “Antifragile”; as in heads they win and tails they win.

There are people, who exist in just about any and every public sector and or government (or quasi-government) organisation without any downside. The things you and I or the rest of the working world get sacked for, they can survive. It push comes to shove they get moved (to another cushy posting) or pensioned off early at great public expense.

It explains why twice disgraced, un-elected twisters like Mandelson get gifted lavish posts in the EU. Why so few expense fraud politicians were actually jailed. Why NHS bosses in places like Stafford have managed to keep jobs for so long. Why the various PCCs in scandals are sitting in their posts, resolute.

It also explains why these posts are so well remunerated – running on other people’s money (OPM) is ultimate “Antifragility”.

epicyclo

jambalaya – Member

@binners
    I would hope the Jimmy Saville investigations would give you some more faith in the possible responce…

I don’t know about Binners, but I would have a bit more faith if the investigations into Jimmy Sovile happened while he was still alive and able to spill the beans….

badnewz
    Free Member

Why the various PCCs in scandals are sitting in their posts, resolute.

I’ve noticed the government have raised the terror alert just now, which conveniently helps bump the story (along with the UKIP defector) off the front pages.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Patently rubbish.

@lifer
    I really cannot be bothered to post links to all the various news stories and images of hundreds of people searching for missing kids as a result of press coverage as you’re not going to pay any attention to the facts.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

To be fair any child abduction is a major news story.

Could be entirely coincidental, but strange how Clarence Mitchell has been involved with so many mysterious cases:

Fred & Rosemary West
    Jill Dando
    Milly Dowler
    Madeline McCann

Oh, he’s also been a Royal reporter

How odd

Given the numbers of kids that go missing each year, it really is bizarre…

jambalaya
    Free Member

This is worth reading

Although painful to read, the Rotherham report presents an opportunity. It’s an opportunity for leaders in the British-Pakistani community to stand up and speak out about the sexual and physical abuse in their midst. The Asian community isn’t unique in having evil-doers, and the overwhelming majority of its men and women are good people who care about protecting others.

I am and always will be proud of my Pakistani heritage, but I firmly believe community leaders must take responsibility for the fact that the taboos that prevent others from identifying perpetrators and supporting victims enable further abuse. And those taboos must be challenged.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

This is worth reading

+1

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

+another. Read that earlier.

Did you read that, McShane?

binners

I read that jambalaya. As I said in an earlier post ; We have a significant culture within British society that is horribly misogynistic, and regards all women as second class citizens. Inferior. Subservient. At best. It doesn’t fit with modern liberal values at all, but it has been placated and indulged, through fear of offending people, for far too long. That now needs to stop.

And that’s as much for the Asian victims, as anything else. I lived in a predominantly Asian area for a long time. And I was constantly appalled by the hypocrisy. The blokes would expect their wives to cover up, including veils, and adhere to ‘Islamic values’. Yet the same embracing of these Islamic values, by themselves, was noticeable by it’s absense. In just about every respect!

big_n_daft
    Free Member

something worth reading here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11066244/Rotherham-is-not-an-isolated-incident.html

hard to disagree with anything in the article (I’m sure Tom will)

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Well Simon Danczuk is bang on the money again and confirms Binners` theory !

binners

That article pretty much sums it up

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Superb article.
    Wonder what effect the drive to have academic qualifications ahead of life experience has in these cases – qualified to the hilt but clueless about real life?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/11066646/Rotherham-politics-imported-from-Pakistan-fuelled-sex-abuse-cover-up-MP.html

more from Rochdale’s MP

will Labour have an inquiry, has Ed Miliband said anything “on the record” on this?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@big and daft, I read that too this morning. I too wonder what response (if any) there will be from the Labour leadership.

binners

I think the silence from the labour party speaks volumes. Not heard Ken Livingstone come back on any of Anne Cryers comments about his attitude

But then in a party of metropolitan, PC obsessed idiots, wilfully blind to the obvious problems of ‘multiculturalism’ (preferring instead to believe in their own warm, fuzzy idealogical vision of it) he seems the worst of many offenders. Just look at the fundamentalist lunatics he’s been an apologist for in the past!

blurty
    Free Member

Plenty of posts on here denigrating chavs, pikeys, scum, pond-life, underclass etc etc – untermensch anyone?

Let’s see, a pretty blond girl with middle class parents goes missing and there is a massive worldwide outcry and media hysteria. Meanwhile dozens of kids from less salubrious backgrounds go missing and no-one gives a shit.

In the similar case at Derby, a couple of years ago, several of the victims were from ‘middle class’ but troubled backgrounds. I remember one of the girls who had been abused had a pony.

Another point from Derby, in one of the spin-off cases a ring of white middle class businessmen were convicted for using child prostitutes.

It’s not just Pakistani problem

ninfan
    Free Member

Chief Constable for South Yorks got an absolute monstering at the Parliamentary Home Affairs Committee this afternoon!

Firstly over the Cliff Richard raid and then the Rotherham report, they were fuming – directly accused him of gross incompetence!

They have also called him back in session next week, along with the PCC, Thacker and the professor who wrote the report.

The questioning is online here http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Player.aspx?meetingId=15908

project
    Free Member

and then he resigns saying stress caused him to loose the plot,with a huge pension and somebody else is put in place,who is probably reading the script now.

ninfan
    Free Member

Hmmm? curiouser and curiouser:

Ten Wrexham councillors, including council leader Neil Rogers, have quit the Labour group and the Labour Party…

…The resignations came a week after Mr Rogers removed Labour councillor Malcolm King as lead member for finance on the authority’s executive board, for raising concerns about a child protection team’s staff levels and case loads.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-29043248

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Could this be why?

http://brynalynvictims.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/andrea-davidson-speaks-out-north-wales.html

Would also tie in with recent cabinet reshuffle.

i.e. Hague and Clarke

digga
    Free Member

binners – Member
    I think the silence from the labour party speaks volumes. Not heard Ken Livingstone come back on any of Anne Cryers comments about his attitude

But then in a party of metropolitan, PC obsessed idiots, wilfully blind to the obvious problems of ‘multiculturalism’ (preferring instead to believe in their own warm, fuzzy idealogical vision of it) he seems the worst of many offenders. Just look at the fundamentalist lunatics he’s been an apologist for in the past

I know he is not many people’s favourite – certaionly not mine – by Norman Tebbit’s blog today sums-up the issue and the root of it extremely well.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/normantebbit/100285240/political-correctness-created-the-silence-that-allowed-rotherham/

Lifer
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

@lifer I really cannot be bothered to post links to all the various news stories and images of hundreds of people searching for missing kids as a result of press coverage as you’re not going to pay any attention to the facts.

I don’t dispute it sometimes happens.

But ‘any child abduction is a major story’ is (unfortunately) simply not true, the papers would have nothing but reports of missing children.

532 children abducted in England and Wales 2011/12

FACT

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

^ Truth

New head of inquiry into widespread child abuse appointed by Theresa May today

Fiona Wolf, Lord Mayor of City of London (i.e. weird financial district which is independent of main jurisdiction of London, a bit like the vatican)

She is a Tax Lawyer

Most big money in global economy passes through City of London and Jersey

Jersey is worlds largest tax haven

http://fortune.com/2012/10/10/jersey-the-richest-offshore-tax-shelter-of-them-all/

The journalist who wrote that piece was detained at Heathrow for over 12 hours in 2011, under current Home Secretary (Theresa May) and had her visa revoked. Same happened again 5th of June this year (I know because I’ve been corresponding with her on twitter)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/leah-mcgrath-goodman/david-miranda-uk-detention_b_3844480.html

Trafficking is known to have occurred between several care homes across UK (notably Islington, where Margaret Hodge belittled victims) and Jersey, with a number of children going missing whilst on Jersey

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trenches-filled-with-lime-found-at-jersey-house-of-horrors-care-home-6693782.html

The Issue has been raised on more than one occasion in parliament by MP John Hemming, who has records of Children going missing from the Birmingham care system whilst on Jersey.

Jimmy Savile has been named multiple times in relation to Jersey:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-19890534

Operation Rectangle was carried out in 2007-2008, whilst Jimmy Savile was still alive and the Police Officer in Charge is adamant there’s been a cover up:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbNv-kkKnQM[/video]

Extreme abuse images were found in what has become known as the ‘Zandvoort stash’ in Belgium, the images appear to have been taken in Jersey.

Are you really going to tolerate this?

Jamie
    Free Member

Are you really going to tolerate this?

The problem is, they have the machine of government etc at their disposal.

People in power have done horrendous things since year dot.

It ain’t going to change….or at least I cannot see what would have to occur for this to happen.

It’s an awful thing to say, but vulnerable people have, are, and will continue to be the the playthings of certain echelons of society. As they know they are untouchable.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

You’re right to an extent Jamie, but if this information is shared widely enough, a tipping point will be reached… crazy as it sounds, this has sufficient gravity to effect the course of history, hence the constant manipulations by the establishment to attempt to keep it covered up.

(and hence my obsessive pursuit of exposing it)

Shows that much of our democracy is illusory; however, public pressure can change that…

Going by lowest common denominator, simplest way of expressing the cover up is

“Jimmy Savile was at Jersey House of Horrors”

should jog a few folks memory

ninfan
    Free Member

Parliament TV now:

Vaz has just announced that all evidence will be under oath!

Chief Constable David Crompton QPM, and former Chief Constable Meredydd John Hughes CBE QPM, South Yorkshire Police
    Joyce Thacker OBE, Strategic Director for Children, Young People and Families, Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council
    Shaun Wright, South Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner
    Sir Peter Wanless and Richard Whittam QC

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Player.aspx?meetingId=16005

he’s also laid into the Chief constable for misleading the committee over last weeks statement on number of convictions.

Further stated that they have just interviewed in private the people who did the ‘missing’ 2002 home office report – that the evidence was shocking and harrowing and they find in incredible that the police claim not to have known.

digga
    Free Member

It transpires the author of the 2002 report was threatened, by police, with having their name revealed to the abusers if they persisted in their claims. If this were going on in a banana republic it would be lamentable, but in the UK, it is abhorrent.

Apropos of the bigger question of what might be behind such widespread convolutions of public bodies, try and Google the words “common purpose abuse” and have a look at the results.

hora
    Free Member

When Keith Vaz asked Joyce Thacker if she would be resigning, her face and the way she answered was very firm and the answer was delivered No.

Of course she wouldn’t be resigning. She is bare-faced. Knows she can get a payoff or chance of.

I imagine shes the sort of manager who attended top-line meetings with all the other departments and didn’t get too involved in of the issues that her department title infers.

binners

There appears to be a competition going on to see who can be the most bare-faced in absolving themselves of any responsibility whatsoever, for absolutely anything at all, and point blank refusing to resign, carrying on picking up their massive salaries, as they march towards their gold-plated pensions.

Shaun Wright does appear to be winning the ‘waving two fingers at everyone’ award by some stretch though.

That these monstrous, shameless parasites think that their positions are in any way defensible just shows how much the concept of ‘Public Servant’ has been corrupted beyond any recognition in this country

There was an interesting article in yesterdays Guardian by Simon Danczuk – probably the only person in authority to emerge with any credit from this shameful saga – It appears he has absolutely zero confidence in the enquiry to get the bottom of things, and is already suggesting its going to be another whitewash. Which would go some way to explaining the position of those being asked the questions. If they know they’ll just get away with it anyway, so can happily thumb their noses at pretty much everyone. The whole thing is an absolute bloody disgrace!

soulwood
    Free Member

Well there’s a large EDL and friends (NF Combat 18 etc) gathering this Saturday in Rotherham, no doubt to express their concerns in an orderly well presented fashion. Might be messy.

hora
    Free Member

former Chief Constable Meredydd John Hughes also has known as a serial speeder.

digga
    Free Member

binners – Member
    That these monstrous, shameless parasites think that their positions are in any way defensible just shows how much the concept of ‘Public Servant’ has been corrupted beyond any recognition in this country

Thoroughly deserving of our collective contempt.

As I’ve probably already mentioned, there sorts of people are what the author Nassim Nicholas Talbe refer to as “Antifragile”. Although to be Antifragile is desirable, these public employees do so, not through skill, cunning or work, but by ensconcing themselves within a community of people who tolerate mediocrity and corruption and who facilitate careers to survive the very worst conduct and neglect. You have to wonder who’s behind it all.

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 1,032 total)

The topic ‘"1,400 children were subjected to "appalling" sexual exploitation in Rotherham"’ is closed to new replies.