Home Forums Bike Forum YT Mill – best bike for the local trails?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • YT Mill – best bike for the local trails?
  • reeksy

I’m going to drop into the YT Mill Surrey Hills to demo a bike while i’m in England for a couple of weeks. Anyone know what’s the best  for that neck of the woods? I’m guessing a Jeffsy or an Izzo but keen to hear recommendations.

weeksy

Head To fod and you can use one of mine for a day or two

bens
    Free Member

If you stand around in the carpark at Peaslake you’ll likely be fooled into thinking you should be riding a monster enduro e bike. Reality is either of the two you suggest will be about perfect.

I have more fun there on my hardtail (Orange Crush) than my 140/150 FS.

Any idea where you’re going to ride for the demo?

reeksy

@weeksy that’s very generous thanks. I’ll be on a tight schedule. Coming from Exeter and then going to Liphook so I think Surrey Hills is more realistic.

@bens
    – I’m hearing you.

I decided to splash out the £15 on a Jeffsy as it’s most similar to my Ripmo.

When you book they give you a gpx file so I’ll check it out but I’m guessing it’s the local Trail forks route. And my hire car is going to be the tiniest I can get so not much choice.

If anyone is around there on Friday 16 August riding with others is always more fun.

NS
    Free Member

You can ride out to Peaslake from the YT Mill – you would need to demo a Decoy though to get there & back (unless you are super-fit)!

I’ve demo’d the Decoy a few times as a fun day out with my son – they give you a Trail Forks loop at the YT Mill that takes you out through the Surrey Hills, you can follow the loop & halfway round (at Gomshall) head off  over to Peaslake. There are also plenty of trails to ride on the loop.

The Decoy is overkill for me but is a fun day out for £15!

pickle
    Free Member

Decoy or Decoy SN

reeksy

For some reason the Decoy hadn’t occurred to me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.