Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • YT Jeffsy AL Two 29…
  • Mintyjim

Bare with me.

I’ve currently got two bikes, a Stanton Sherpa 29er hardtail which I love and a latest gen Giant Reign 650b which is brilliant but a bit of overkill for most of riding I do now that I’m a dad and more constrained for time (i.e. no annual Alps trips, a little more cautious on DH tracks etc.).

I still manage the odd trip to BPW, Antur Stiniog and enjoy hammering the natural aggro stuff on offer to me in West Wales therefore I’d still like a full suss bike but perhaps one that isn’t quite so full-on as the Reign so the odd trip to The Wall / Brechfa isn’t dulled.

I’m increasingly drawn to the Jeffsy 29 to fulfil this requirement. I’d have to go the cheapest route due to financial constraints but even the £1800 has 140mm Pikes!

Before I hit the button, the question is are there any alternatives that offer so much value for money?? I don’t mind second hand but I would prefer a 29er.

Before you ask I don’t have a LBS where I live and I’m happy to deal with the downsides of dealing direct.

Cheers.

riklegge

YT have their “rolling tour” demo series in the UK at the moment if you are able to make it to one.

riklegge

Also, the direct sales companies such as YT generally offer amazing value, so other brands such as Canyon and Propain might be worth a look. I seem to remember Commencal being good value too.

I know you said you would prefer 29, but I guess another option would be to sell your reign frame and buy something more suited to your needs (Bird aeris 120?)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

now that I’m a dad

a little more cautious on DH tracks etc

Say what now?…..

Mintyjim

Nobeerinthefridge – I’m naturally making excuses for appearing to be overbiked now I’m nearly 40. Oh no, another excuse!

Good shout on Canyon and Propain, I’ll also check out Bird and see if I can get to a rolling demo.

chakaping
    Free Member

If the Jeffsy fits you there’s no full-sus 29er that comes close for VFM – and it appears to be a really good bike in its own right.

It’ll probably be quicker than the Reign on a lot of rocky trails too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘YT Jeffsy AL Two 29…’ is closed to new replies.