Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Yt jeffsy 27 vs capra
  • matb
    Free Member

Hi guys,
    I am looking at buying a new bike…
    I usually ride normal trails, but also go regularly to a bikepark and this summer I will be riding in Italy…
    What bike would you reccomend from these 2?
    It needs to pedal good but also needs to decend excellent?
    Thanks

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Normal trails – tweed valley normal, or Norfolk normal?

matb
    Free Member

A mix of both, I have to pedal quite alot to get to the technical downhilly trails

colp

I have a Capra and a DH bike. The Capra really does pedal well and I’ll do 90% of what I would do on my DH bike on the Capra.

matb
    Free Member

Thanks colp! And when it arrives at your home, where the gears adjusted or not? Just out of interest

colp

The gears were fine, it comes set up Euro/US style with the brakes so you might need to switch them if you are used to UK set up. Just fit the wheels, set up bars and add pedals. Great bike.

matb
    Free Member

Thanks!

zer0cool
    Free Member

I like the Jeffsy but need more real world reviews once its been out of a bit, rather than the press release stuff.
    Dont know why they only made the rear boost and not the front though.

kelevra
    Free Member

“Dont know why they only made the rear boost and not the front though”

http://enve.com/journal/what-the-boost/

especially: “Increased wheel stiffness at a tiny weight penalty is always great news for us. We think the boosted rear, standard front will become ubiquitous in all high-end bikes, as you have already seen in the new entrants from Yeti and Santa Cruz”

It seems like boost is more valuable in the rear wheel because it mostly allows for a stronger wheel, which is not so much required in the front.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Yt jeffsy 27 vs capra’ is closed to new replies.