Home Forums Chat Forum Your opinion 6 week old car squeaking brakes dealer states non warranty

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Your opinion 6 week old car squeaking brakes dealer states non warranty
  • shredder
    Free Member

Have a 6 wk old MK V Golf, have covered 5000 miles. The brakes squeak once warmed up. Car was into main dealers this morning who confirm the squeak. They carried out a visual inspection and everything is fine. They state that I need to have them stripped and cleaned at a cost of £75.00 per end. As not covered under warranty.

I refused the work as need to speak to fleet manager at work etc etc.

I turned round and said is it normal on a car of this age for it to require this…..to which he said well you have covered 5000 miles.

So my response was “so im going to have to pay for a strip and clean every 500o mls”. No response to that one.

I smell something……………..

Shredder

Goz
    Free Member

A jet wash around the calipers sometimes does the trick, blasts brake dust build up away.

Smee
    Free Member

Go out and do a few harsh stops from speed. if that doesn’t fix it, go back to the dealer and tell them to get it sorted. pads should last 50k or so if not more.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

does the squeak affect performance of the brakes? If not, then it won’t be warranty. I’d give it a jetwash and then drive it really hard (braking heavily etc) for a short time and see if that helps clear any crap that may have accumulated.

shredder
    Free Member

No braking not effected, inspection report shows pads to be 13.5mm on each corner, from 14mm new. pk I can understand the fact that if the braking isn’t effected then technicaly its not a warranty issue. So where is the answer/compromise ?

Will try the jet wash and braking hard method.

neilb67
    Free Member

Looks like its a common problem Shredder.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=224968

EdRicketts
    Free Member

Brake pads & jet wash – are you an engineer? :wink:

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I am an engineer – hit the f..kers with a lump hammer

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I am an engineer – hit the f..kers with a lump hammer

Heh! Like it! But you forgot to add, you have to swear at them, too. Lots. Or it doesn’t work.

And if that fails, just drive through the showroom window, and say ‘look, told you the brakes were dodgy’.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

You could also ask AA, RAC engineers to look at the problem and give you a report, just pull up at the side of the road and tell them you have a brake problem and do not want to drive the vehicle until its deemed safe..

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

besides, are you sure its not a wheel bearing issue ??

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Your opinion 6 week old car squeaking brakes dealer states non warranty’ is closed to new replies.