Home Forums Chat Forum Your next T6 will be a….

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Your next T6 will be a….
    matt_outandabout

….Kia?

Electric, decent size, probably decent range….

2026 Kia PV5: Everything We Know About The Electric Van

Had a look online at the new T7 yesterday.

Looks nice, but the diesel engines aren’t particularly blessed with an abundance of horses and the EV has a poxy 200 mile range (so quite a bit less then)

kormoran
    Free Member

No gearstick to hang a rubbish bag. I’m out

scruffythefirst
    Free Member

Came here for transit content. Disappointed.

argee

Pretty sure i’m not going to see the FoD carparks change to these in a hurry

tthew

Would mind a Buzz Cargo. Hopefully there will be a choice of ex-lease ones that nobody is interested in owning in a couple of years.

boomerlives
    Free Member

Would mind a Buzz Cargo

I would too. They’ll age faster than milk and you’ll be able to pick one up for pennies.

kayak23

Every……. single……… branch….

4130s0ul
    Free Member

From a purely aesthetic point of view, on face value it looks gopping. But viewed through a Robocop / Bladerunner / Cyberpunk 2077 lens….that’s frikking awesome looking

Daffy

Why have they designed it to make its wheels look so tiny and out of proportion?  It looks like a Matchbox van.

chakaping

No gearstick to hang a rubbish bag. I’m out

This guy vans.

And as someone who knows very little about EVs, why don’t they make PHEV vans? Seems to work really well for my mum’s Jazz.

Would they struggle with load-hauling? Economy?

diggery
    Free Member

If you cross a Jazz and a van…

Is it Vanjazzled?

yoshimi

I think it looks brilliant – want one!

Edit – I did have an EV6 GT which was faultless and now have a T6.1.  Will need the range to move people away from ICE vans

kimbers

why don’t they make PHEV vans? Seems to work really well for my mum’s Jazz.

A PHEV van like this…?

https://www.motoringnz.com/tested/2022/11/7/vxwj7xvfgqpqxgp0fv1mydsuf1qddx

I’d have to sell all my kids and bikes to buy it tho

At which point I may as well just get a Honda jazz

richardkennerley

why don’t they make PHEV vans

The new transit (and I guess the transporter) have PHEV options don’t they? I could Google it to confirm I guess, but there you go….

ads678

If you can actually fit shit in it, it has a decent range (300miles+) and doesn’t cost 14 million pounds payable at £1347 per month for the rest of your life, I’d have one.

simon_g

The previous Transit Custom had a petrol PHEV version too, there’s a bunch of Sky ones coming off lease and through the auctions now.

I wish Hyundai would bring the Staria here, it looks ace too. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Staria

chakaping

Hey, I said I didn’t know anything about EVs :D

At which point I may as well just get a Honda jazz

I have considered it instead of a van

allfankledup

My next t6 will probably be a Vito…

Not doing the Ford / wetbelt thing….

neilnevill
    Free Member

Where are my glasses?  No….I still like it.  Clearly I’m the unusual guy in this company but I like how it looks.  I wouldn’t buy it on looks alone,  but if it’s typical kia, will priced against its competitors and actually well thought out,  this could be a winner.

a11y

The Kia first – gopping, but I like it?

The previous Transit Custom had a petrol PHEV version too,

New one will too – same drivetrain as the PHEV Kuga so a 2.5 4cyl petrol (Mazda engine?) plus the associated electric bits. 25-35 mile electric range. Downside (for me) is it’s a CVT gearbox…

rickmeister

Next T6 for me will be a 6.1. There are a few end of run models, well specced that will be low miles 2nd hand by April next year when I’m buying.

No wetbelt Ecoboom scenario thanks.

sharkattack

I like it but then one of my favourite films is Demolition Man and this looks like it rolled straight off the set.

Mellow Greetings John Spartan.

jimw
    Free Member

Why have they designed it to make its wheels look so tiny and out of proportion

Perhaps because the fashion for huge wheels is coming to an end (hopefully). They are so vulnerable and almost always ruin the ride comfort.

Oh and while they are at it they can stop selling black wheels as well.

willard

Meh, I’m happy with the dispatch/jumpy. In another few years I’ll think about a newer one, but that means losing the headroom of the version I have.

I’d take an EV if I knew I could re-do the electrics as a camper like I have done with the Jumpy

matt_outandabout

Well, I am one who thinks it looks uber future different tastic.

And Kia have a good reputation with electric cars for the masses.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.